Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2004, 07:48 PM

Default Closing Party

Ever since the local HH storage, the following happens. I close Party/Empire. I check the Task Manager. Party/Empire eats up 50+ megs of memory and hog my processor for several minutes. Anyone know what it's doing?
Old 10-25-2004, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Closing Party

Unrelated, as I can't help you with this one, but why did my first attempt at data mining not work? Did I skip a step? I saw the files in the party root director (1 file per table). When I pointed PT there, it didn't seem to find anything meaningful.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:02 PM

Make sure you're pointing PT to C:/program files/party. Don't point it to the specific fodler that stores the HH's because the files from tables you're watching aren't stored there. Also, make sure you import them before you close party because they're temp files.

Also sign on to AIM, apparently we've been put in charge of finding a destination for the Tuesday night field trip (since we were the only 2 w/ opinions).
Old 10-25-2004, 08:03 PM

You can't close the party client before you import. Once you close party it delets the observed files. So you have to close all the tables then import. Hope that helps
Old 10-25-2004, 08:07 PM

Default Dirty thread hijacker!

Learn to read the PT forums!

PS, Jets suck.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:35 PM

I've noticed the same thing, but it's not quite as long... that stupid ad window pops up (tell a friend, or whatever), and then while I'm waiting for it to go away my mouse gets really sluggish. Sometimes clicking helps but I think that was all in my head since I've noticed as the time gets longer it's more of a static period. Very, very annoying, especially when I'm trying to immediately move on to something else.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:50 PM

Monitor your system resources after you close; it goes longer than you think--longer than the original static period.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:54 PM

Could very well be, but my computer hates my system having any resources anyway. It's very jealous. Every time I watch anything using media player (which can be quite a few things in a row if I'm watching a TV show or something), it usually keeps a couple MB, sometimes upwards of 20... so I'll have to go into the task manager and clear all that up.

No clue how to do anything about PP, but I guess if it gives it back eventually it might not be too terrible