Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2004, 05:47 PM

Default A few Party questions

Hello all,

I have a few questions regarding "new" Party accounts.

My father-in-law has a play money account at Party and wants to start playing with real money. His main interest is small buy-in single or 2 table tournaments or small buy-in NL ring games. He asked me to post the following questions.

Since he already has a play money account, is there any possiblility of getting a rake kickback? He has never made a real money deposit.

Also, would a money transfer from another account count as an actual deposit with regards to bonuses or freerolls entries that are offered on a first time deposit?

Thanks for any info/replies.
Old 10-24-2004, 06:09 PM

Default Re: A few Party questions

Your questions are kind of tied together. If he isn't yet linked to an affiliate then he could have an affiliate that does rake-back assign him a tracker (ie. have him linked to the affiliate). I think the only way to have a transfer count as a deposit (for bonus purposes) would be if the transfer came from the affiliate that he is linked to.

I kind of think that rake-back deals are a bit overrated if you are a casual or small stakes player (under about $3/6) because to get any significant amount of rake back you need to play by far the majority of your time at one site. When starting out and building your bankroll (at least for the first year or so) you could be making more by bonus whoring at as many different sites as possible. Bonuses by the way (a % of) are deducted from any rake paid to an affiliate that was generated by you.

my 2 cents

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] busguy
Old 10-25-2004, 10:37 AM

Default Re: A few Party questions - bump

Any other thoughts?
Old 10-25-2004, 10:44 AM

I agree that rake back isn't that big of a deal now, but in the future for you dad it may be (if he moves up). Then you can't get it (or it's very difficult). Certainly doesn't hurt to have.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:54 AM

Default Re: A few Party questions - bump

I had a similar situation and this is what I did.

A long time ago, I started an account with Party but did nothing more with that site besides play on the "play money" tables.

I then joined Poker Stars and actually played for money.

Recently, I decided I wanted to move my money from PS to Party. I wanted 2 things. Rake kickback and to be able to receive a % bounus for a deposit because it would indeed be my first money depost at Party.

I found the easiest solution was to create a new account on Party. I discovered that Party differentiates accounts by email address. So, I created a new email address (my internet provider allows me to have multiple email addresses) and signed up to Party with a new account with an affliate code. I then made my first deposit using a % bonus code. No problems and smooth.

The only thing I can not be sure of is that when I created my orginal Party account, I gave them no information such as name, address, phone #, etc. because it wasn't need since they would never have a need to send me any money (i.e. I didn't make a deposit).

I am told that some people still fill out this information even though they are just playing for play money. If you already have this info filled out, I'm not sure what Party will do when you create a new account with a different email address and then supply the exact same name, address and phone number. But if you haven't supplied this info then I can say it did work for me.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since he already has a play money account, is there any possiblility of getting a rake kickback? He has never made a real money deposit.

Also, would a money transfer from another account count as an actual deposit with regards to bonuses or freerolls entries that are offered on a first time deposit?

[/ QUOTE ]

I opened my Party account years ago and only played play money, never made a deposit.

Late last year I decided to move some of my real money play over to Party. I contacted an affiliate, transferred my money to him through Neteller, and he transferred money into my Party account. I received both the first-time deposit bonus and the rakeback through him.