Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2004, 09:13 PM

Default Enough fold equity?

$20 buy-in on Party. Nothing going by the first break, stole blinds once and have 800, haven't played a single hand. Double through with KK to 1600 shortly after the break, then lose 200 very next hand with ATs on the button.

I get moved to another table, and a few hands in I get AQ in the SB. I have 1050, the blinds are at 75/150.

MP1 limps, MP2 calls, folds to me.

My question is this: Do I have enough fold equity to push here, or is this a clear complete?
Old 10-22-2004, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Enough fold equity?

Given the small amount of chips you have and the high blinds, I dont see any choice here. You need a double up in a bad way. At the very least you need to try to steal some pots. Two limpers have shown weakness. You have a semi strong hand that is difficult to play out of position. This is a clear push imo. If they all fold you have 500 and if you get called, you probably have the better hand and double up.
Old 10-23-2004, 02:56 AM

Push in a heartbeat. It doesn't matter if you have fold equity or not. You don't mind them calling your all in at this point with the hands that they limped with (because blinds are such a substantial part of your stack)
Old 10-23-2004, 09:04 AM

who needs fold equity when you are value betting?
Old 10-23-2004, 09:15 AM

Push. Not close!

RJ
Old 10-23-2004, 04:26 PM

I might be pushing with a hand like JTs, hope they didn't limp with a monster. But then again, I'm not a superstar [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. You have to figure out how often these MP's are limping. They might likely limped with a low pp, but some guys still like to limp with like a 76s. But with AQs, I'd push in a heartbeat, pray for the fold, if not you might either have them dominated, or it might be a 50:50. Where the blinds are, it sounds like you have a decent amount of time before the payout, so you don't really have a lot of time to wait around for a monster.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:03 PM

Limpers had AKo and 88 respectively. Those silly Party people. No help to me and they checked it down.