Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2004, 01:48 PM

Default True Poker multi-table upgrade.

True Poker upgraded to multi-table capability today. They made some drastic changes. I for one am not very pleased. I am curious to see what others think.

First let me say that about 80% of my online play is done at TP. I am a B&M player. IMO this is the closest you can get to B&M play.

The "look at cards" feature was removed during this upgrade [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]. IMO this tell/false tell was thier best feature. Originally your cards were dealt face down. You had to pick them up to view them. This was done away with some time ago, thus eliminating some tells. However you still had to pick them up if you needed a second look. Now the "look at cards" feature is gone completely. IMO this was one of the things that made TP better than the rest.

Also gone is the ability to resize the screen. It was nice to have the screen fill the entire monitor. Now I have a distracting border of wall paper around my table [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img].

The chat log is now permanently located on the right. This was done so the muli-table players would not be confused and chat at the wrong table. It was nice to have it on the top and drag it downward when needed.

You can no longer easily monitor the rail and other tables from your seat. You must go to the lobby the check this. It was nice to scout other tables from your seat, while still watching the action. I also like to know when someone pops in to check out my table. I may play a certain way while the watch to encourage them to sit.

IMO multi-tables will bring more sharks. Fish and players who want a B&M experience do not care much about multi-table. The reason they don't play here is because they don't know about it. Word has been spreading and traffic has increased significantly in the last 3 months. Party got the jump because they advertised. Fish don't play there because they have great software or multi-table capability. They play there because the saw the commercial while watching the World Poker Tour!

I think the removal of the "look at cards" feature is the biggest downfall. This is one of the main things that put TP above the rest.

I appreciate any and all feed back on this matter.
Thank you for your time.

Blokhead
Old 10-20-2004, 02:40 PM

Default Re: True Poker multi-table upgrade.

[ QUOTE ]
IMO this tell/false tell was thier best feature.

[/ QUOTE ]
For me it was also the way to know how experienced opponent is. Players who played thousands of hours almost never look at their cards second time. Sad that this thing now gone. I think people who liked that feature should write to TP support or PM TruePoker CEO who is registered user here.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:20 PM

Hello, Blok. We discussed some of these matters at length in the lounge at True this morning. As I said, we would look at player responses and suggestions for tuning our multi-table release.

As I related in another thread this morning:

"A number of players were concerned about the "Look at hole cards' feature we removed in this release to accomodate easy switching between multi-tables Since this morning we have discussed it internally and likely will add back an option to "raise lower your own cards", if you want that ability ... especially if you like that Truepoker feature or just want to generate false tells for the rest of the table. Players otherwise likely will have "cards up" as a default, for easy switching. "

As for the chat logs, they can be toggled on or off as needed. There is also live chat appearing on the tables themselves, near the player speaking.

As for a lesser ability to monitor other games, I am not sure what you mean; you can still open the lobby and tables board, while remaining in your seat .... With Multi-tables, you can go to another table to observe play while remaining in your original table seat.

We are always looking for feedback. Email me at management@truepoker.com

Thanks,

David Gzesh, CEO
Truepoker
Old 10-20-2004, 05:43 PM

Hello CEO, Thank you for the reply.

I understand the chat logs can be toggled on/off. However the screen can no longer be maximized. The chat log is affixed on the right. A portion of the log is not visible. You must move the game screen partially off the monitor to see the entire chat box.

As for the monitoring games aspect, let me explain. Originally I had the screen maximized. The chat log and table log were always opened. There was enough room at the top of the screen to fit both logs. I could click on a table and see who was there etc, or review a hand by dragging down the chat log. I could do this while watching the action of the current hand. I could also see who entered the room as the room statistics were always visible from the top of the screen. Now I must go to the lobby to look at this, thus hiding my table from view.

I already mentioned earlier the "look at cards" feature is the main concern. The other features are somewhat less important. They are however combined, the main features that I believe set you apart from the rest.

IMO this upgrade has made your site go from "the best" to "not bad". I believe at this point my decision where to play will be based solely on game selection.

Since I am not getting very much support on the issue, I will not persue this any further.

Thank you very much for your time.

Blokhead