Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2004, 12:57 PM

Default STOP THE MADNESS

Am I the only one who is confused about how Paul Phillips has suddenlt become the center of attention of almost every thread in this forum? Until a couple of weeks ago, I hadn't even heard of the guy. I still do not know enough about him to have strong feelings about him either way.

But for some reason many people in this forum have developed a fetish for bashing him, while others defend him becuase they think he knows a lot about poker. From what I can gather, the haters think he is arrogant, full of himself, etc. Even if this is true, why should we all give a sh*t? As far as I am concerned, Paul Phillips is a non-entity. Yet somehow a thread about someone challenging him to a game of Scrabble has spawned more posts than any thread in the history of this forum. Am I missing something here? I don' think so. What I do think is that many of the people in this forum are f*cking nuts.

When considering the situation, I was reminded of a Saturday Live skit in which William Shatner was speaking at a Star Trek convention. All of the Trekies were wearing spock ears, dressed like crewmen, etc. and were asking Shanter ridiculously obscure and detailed questions about past Star Trek episodes. Then after one particularly dumb question, Shatner just exploded and basically said, "Look at yourselves. What the hell is wrong with you? Have any of you ever even kissed a girl before?"

So all you people who have dedicated precious minutes of your lives discussing Paul Phillips, I urge you to move on to bigger and better things and do something more constructive with your time. I hope the time I wasted writing this post will help some of you poor and unfortunate people.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:02 PM

Default Re: STOP THE MADNESS

i heard that at Full Tilt Poker Paul Phillips avatar will change hair color instead of emotions. Is this true? If so, is it so he can evade the law dogs searching for a child rapist?
Old 10-05-2004, 01:12 PM

I think he has become the center of some discussion because he is a really good poker player who is on television sometimes and has some interesting things to say. When I win a few world series bracelets next year, then I will be the center of attention.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:12 PM

I wonder what Paul Phillips eats for breakfast... does he wear boxers or briefs?
Old 10-05-2004, 01:20 PM

Paul

1. Is a "TV Poker Player"
2. Is very smart
3. Says stuff to push people's buttons

It shouldn't surprise you that he captivated the interest of a forum that, until now, was dedicated to discussing stuff like Shana Hiatt's ass.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:26 PM

I think her ample chest was discussed on a more frequent basis than her ass....not like I read those posts or anything.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:27 PM

I feel compelled to comment about Ed's chest and ass.

HUBBA HUBBA!!!!!
Old 10-05-2004, 01:28 PM

I think it is pretty cool that an extremely successful pro poker player 1) posts here and 2) isn't afraid to give his honest opinion on a variety of topics.

This forum is a lot richer because of pros like Phillips and Annie Duke and Greg Raymer. It constantly amazes me how hard the trolls try and drive them away...
Old 10-05-2004, 01:31 PM

I echo Shatner's statment. This forum needs less Paul Phillips and more of Shauna Hiatt's ass. I hope Paul would agree!
Old 10-05-2004, 01:39 PM

Default How many WPT events have you won?

How many WPT events have you won again?
Oh yeah, 0
How many have you entered?
Oh yeah, 0
I'd rather listen to what a proven player has to say than an internet nobody.