Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2004, 10:41 PM

Default Hands that are costing me money.....

Went through poker tracker to find out what hands are costing me the most money, somewhat surprisingly my biggest loser is KJs. So here a couple of hands up for critique....

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Here's one against a maniac/calling station

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button folds, BB folds.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

I don't like this one so much, especially the bet on the river

Here's a third one:

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, UTG+1 (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

Let me know what you think
Old 09-25-2004, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Hands that are costing me money.....

A bit of over-aggression with marginal hands... I try to avoid KJs unless I'm in LP with multiple limpers. Trying to limit the field by raising with it in EP or MP will only get you called by better hands. You missed the board and you keep betting like you have aces when it appears you opponent has no intentionof folding. In the first hand, you overplayed second pair and it's doubtful you were beating your opponent as no good draws were out there. In the second hand, the board was not scary at all to anyone when you raise UTG and nobody who called preflop would likely fold. Your opponents seem a little passive and you need to realize this so you know you may be beat even if you control the betting.