Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2004, 11:13 PM

Default Does it feel like Big Slick?

...or "Walkin' Back to Houston?"

'Stars $20+2 w/rebuys. 512 started, about 220 left, a long way from the money. I have 16,500 or so, a bout 125% of the average.

Blinds are 200/400/a25 and we're 9-handed. I'm UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and open-raise for 1200, UTG+1 (has me covered by 500 or so) makes it 4800 to go, UTG+2 calls all-in for 4775, all fold back to me.

Your decision? Results in the AM.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Does it feel like Big Slick?

[ QUOTE ]
...or "Walkin' Back to Houston?"

'Stars $20+2 w/rebuys. 512 started, about 220 left, a long way from the money. I have 16,500 or so, a bout 125% of the average.

Blinds are 200/400/a25 and we're 9-handed. I'm UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and open-raise for 1200, UTG+1 (has me covered by 500 or so) makes it 4800 to go, UTG+2 calls all-in for 4775, all fold back to me.

Your decision? Results in the AM.

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG+1 looks like he's got AA, KK or AK. UTG+2 looks like he's got a pocket pair. Think you got to fold. That being said, I've seen some real bullshiit hands in similiar situations on-line.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:22 PM

I quickly fold this one.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:30 PM

Was this guy a pretty soild player? If so I would think he would have some fear of your UTG raise, but there appears to be none here (NO FEAR). I think he is telling you I can beat AK, but with the UTG+2 money in the pot it sure looks Like a nice pot to take a flop.

I would say ,my play would be fold, If he has AK oh well. but this hand is going to the felt, so your either a 50/50 to QQ or if you catch top pair your dead meat.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:45 AM

Default RESULTS

Thanks for the replies. This purpose of this post was to guard against being results-oriented.

I folded. I had not seen UTG+1 do anything out of line up to this point.

UTG+1 showed A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
all-in player had 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Final board was 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

At the time it didn't bother me, but after not making any headway for two levels (getting J3o type hands on an aggressive table) and eventually busting out in 90/512 I knew this hand would revisit me in my dreams.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:45 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

You made the "correct" play imo and one that I likely make too, but I as I said in my original reply, 'I've seen a lot of bull shiit hands in similiar situations'. Alas, Poker's not an easy game!
Old 09-21-2004, 10:50 AM

Kurn

To me this used to be an agonzing fold, but now-a-days it is a quite easy fold.

You raised UTG and got re-raised and then there is a smooth caller that saw all this....He knows he is against a couple of hands but stays in.

You have a very small amount invested and this will be very tricky to play post flop.

Lay em' down, and I bet you did.

jw
Old 09-21-2004, 10:55 AM

95% of the time I'd fold. But if you have been watching these players and know how they play, maybe shutting UTG+1 (AJ) out and getting heads up with UTG+2 (55) is an option. UTG+1 will most likely fold if you tap ( if you have a good table image), unless he has AA. But I'd only do this late in the tourney or when I'm playing against maniacs or just really weak players.