Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2004, 01:44 PM

Default Bankroll and table limits

I am new to this forum and I was hoping that someone might be able to answer a few questions for me. I have been playing online for a while and have built up my bankroll to a respectable level. I would now like to venture into the cardrooms around my area. My question is this. How much should you bring to the table and put into play for say a 2-4 or a 3-6 game. I understand the 300bb concept and have stuck by that diligently. Thank you in advanced for your help.
Old 09-18-2004, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Bankroll and table limits

I usually buy-in to a $3/6 table with $200, but most people just buy in for one rack ($100). If you buy-in for $100, I'd have another $100 ready, in case you run into some bad cards.
Old 09-18-2004, 02:14 PM

You get short stacked REAL fast if you buy in for $100.

I see absolutely no reason not to buy in for $300. 50BB is a good rule of thumb for what I bring to the table. Especially at the lower limits this will also intimidate your opponents, so be sure to make the most of your tight aggressiveness. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2004, 09:55 PM

eh, when i play the 3/6 i usually just buy in for a rack of $100... i have a enough to cover a few more racks if i need em, but i've never had to rebuy...

maybe it's because the people in the cardroom are far from what can be considered poker players, but personally, i say take one rack and see how it goes...
Old 09-19-2004, 05:48 PM

Not sure if you care, but when it gets heads up and unlimited betting, it's how much you have on the table.