Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2004, 12:06 AM

Default An egotistical, drunk, no talent, daddy\'s rich, is out there

How many of you know this guy? I was actually at a party and in he walks carrying his own poker case of chips!!

Every time I've seen him he is drunk. His father is loaded so throwing money around pleases him almost as much as me. Talks down (slurring of course) to all involved in the poker game.

He is perfect except he slows down the game with his non stop jibberish and getting up to get a drink, have a smoke or do some drugs.

My question is how many of you know this type? And are they worth the annoyance. It is crazy to say but I'm not sure he is.
Old 09-19-2004, 12:53 AM

Default Re: An egotistical, drunk, no talent, daddy\'s rich, is out there

ya i know this type, and it comes down to how much money u stand to make off of him in a sitting vs. the mount of time you have to play to get it. I never play our drunk in the lower buy ins but when he plays the bigger ones i am game to increase my bankrole [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2004, 10:14 PM

Default Re: An egotistical, drunk, no talent, daddy\'s rich, is out there

I played against a fellow who was almost like this in a home tourney about a month ago. Wasn't rich or have a rich daddy, but boy if you asked him, he was the best player to ever hold a hand. Berated me for 15 minutes when I laid down a set of aces when my slowplay backfired into a flush when I was heads up at the end of the tourney. I made the right read, the guy who I folded to showed the flush, and the jerk started screaming that I should of made any call with that hand. Something about I know nothing about odds and such. Guess that's why he finished 12th or so out of 15 and I won........ About time I got that out. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]