Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2004, 06:26 PM

Default $100 PLO8 hand.

First hand, posting in CO, no reads on anyone.

Paradise Poker Pot-Limit Omaha/8, $1 BB (8 handed)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($99.25)
UTG ($47.75)
UTG+1 ($168.25)
MP1 ($99.00)
<font color="C00000">MP2 ($84.25)</font>
<font color="C00000">Hero ($100.00)</font>
Button ($72.00)
SB ($49.75)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $1. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $2, Hero (poster) calls $1, Button calls $2, SB (poster) folds, BB calls $1.

Flop: ($10.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $6.5</font>, Button folds, BB calls $6.50, UTG folds, MP2 calls $6.50.

Turn: ($30) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets $30</font>, MP2 calls $30

Whats your plan for the rest of the hand?
Old 09-08-2004, 08:29 PM

Default Re: $100 PLO8 hand.

My guess is BB has the straight but waited for a non club on the turn to bet it himself. MP2 is either on a flush draw, non nut straight, or smaller set. As far as your odds, you are getting 3-1 pot oddson about a 4-1 shot. If your flush draw is live, you would have more outs, but I wouldnt count on it. On the other hand, if MP2 has a small set, you have less outs. I think you have to fold in this spot. JMO.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:12 AM

I guess this is a good example why you don’t want to play a hand like that Pre-Flop. If you hit your set, either a low will be possible or over cards will be out there that can beat you and you have no redraws for the hand. But now when you played it I don’t think you played it wrong. I would bet the flop in this scenario and fold the turn. But i think it is a very slim case whit that many players you are preatty likely to be called and this is a hand you whant to win now and dont se a turn whit.
Old 09-11-2004, 12:00 PM

I called, figuring I probably had the implied odds. I thought the original better had the straight and the caller could have two pair, a weak straight or flush draw. If the river paired, I might get a 1/2 sized pot call from either(possibly both) and if it made someone a smaller full house I might be able to get even more.

If a flush card came off the action might slow down if no-one had the flush (or a non-nut flush) and I'd get a free showdown.

As it happens the river paired and I made a $50 bet and got called.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:51 PM

You should bet at least 100 on the river. In plo8b people rarely believe the full and may put you on a busted flush draw. Unless you have a strong read its often wasting value to "tempt" bet the river in situations like this. They will either call or they wont. And of course passing on the turn would be insane. Its not beyond the realms of reason for a lot of plo8b games for neither to have the str8. Once you factor that in, coupled with potential implied odds, its an easy call.

Gl

Dave

http://internetpokerpro.blogspot.com/