Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2004, 01:23 AM

Default very short stacked

140 entrant NLH multi rebuy tourny. Rebuy period over.

I am stuck at a table where the guy two seats to my left is stabbing and playing back at numerous pots (preventing me from stealing as much as I would like. He was on my left while blinds were 100-200 ante: 25 and during the beginning of 200-400 ante 50). I get moved to a table where everyone has 20BB or more (7 handed). I have 4 BB. Approx. 60 players left and money starts for top 18. I wait for any decent hand to push with but none comes and I know a 4 BB raise will prob not scare out all of the other 6 players. In addition almost every hand has had a limper, making stealing with my stack an impossibility. No hand comes to me and I am UTG w/ Q5s and figure it is better to push now w/ 3.5 BB than to push later w/ 1-2 BB (after blinds pass me plus antes)when a better hand presents itself.

What do you think of my logic?

Chris
Old 09-14-2004, 02:19 AM

Default Re: very short stacked

[ QUOTE ]
I am UTG w/ Q5s

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a less than average hand and in your spot, there are many dominating hands and pairs that will call you. You're trying to win the blinds, I understand, but in this particular case I'd wait for the blinds. You're more likely to encounter a better hand in either the BB or SB than this one.

As an aside, I do like the fact that you are thinking about how much fold equity you have and the table texture.

I think the limit of my pushes in this position would be Q10o or better.

Garland