Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2004, 11:31 PM

Default How do you like this play?

Stars 50 dollar S+G. Down to 7 blinds 25/50. I'm at 1300.

One limper to me in c/o with As5s and call. SB completes BB cks and we have 4 to a flop of 876 one spade. Ckd to me and i fire out 150. SB calls. Turn is 7s. Giving me Straight and flush draws with overcard. Checked to me, and considered the size of the pot about 500 or so, I push. He calls with T7, no biggie. How you like how the hand played out? I like my all in because I can push him of a pair other than 7's. With all the draws out, it does not look like i'm overbetting the pot here.

Advice appriceated.
R-
Old 09-08-2004, 11:42 PM

Default Re: How do you like this play?

I like the bet on the flop, but not your push on the turn. The fact remains that he may have top pair, or he may have trips, or he may already have the straight. You made a semi-bluff and got called. You know that you're beat. In order to continue the bluff effectively you have to go all-in because of the size of the pot. I'm not going all-in on a draw on the turn when it's possible that I'm serious trouble.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:03 AM

Default Re: How do you like this play?

Sure, I know. It'd be playing scared to put him on a 7x there. Across the distribution of hands he's likely to have and the money there, I thought it MIGHT be a greater +ev move than to ck behind. Thanks for your input.