Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2004, 09:18 PM

Default AQo trouble on the flop

No specific reads on any of the oppenents in this hand, unfortunately

Absolute Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero... ?</font>

What action do I take here? Its a very drawless board and the checkraise by MP1 has me worried. Any comments would be appreciated.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:40 PM

Default Re: AQo trouble on the flop

Cap, lead the turn. Donkeys, all of them!

Seriously, this is what I'd do.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cap, lead the turn. Donkeys, all of them!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm guessing from the lack of responses that capping the flop was the obvious play. How did I play the rest of the hand?

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

After capping, MP1 still leads, should I have folded, called, or raised as I did in the hand?
Old 08-31-2004, 12:14 AM

I don't think i've ever had a hand where I flopped an ace with AK/AQ and got c/r by two ppl on the flop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'd probably cap the flop. Once you hit the Q, you are in for the showdown, if they have 88, so be it.

Derek
Old 08-31-2004, 12:20 AM

I like how you played this hand. After seeing the turn action, strongly suspect that you might have been up against A8.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like how you played this hand. After seeing the turn action, strongly suspect that you might have been up against A8.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the only thing that worried me at the time was that two players essentially check raised me. When I bet after they checked then BB raised and MP1 3-bet, I figured I was more likely up against a set. I was seing this down no matter what since on the turn there was a better chance I had the best hand with a 4 outer to a full house. I just wasn't sure if I should've called the turn after being bet into again or raised as I did. I have been trying to take a little aggression off my game lately since I have this problem of always thinking someone is putting a move on me when most of the time its because I'm up against a better hand. This was a hand that I thought maybe I showed too much aggression.