Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2004, 12:32 AM

Default Foxwoods, and likely a bad idea

So I'll be getting off work early on Saturday and since my girlfriend will be occupied I was thinking I might jet on down to the Woods. I could get there anywhere between 6 and 10 PM. I would play 5/10 through the night, leave mid-day or afternoon Sunday.

How long would I wait to play 5/10? I've seen how long the lower stakes lines are but have never tried to play from the other board this late. Would it almost be better to get there at midnight?

And, of course, will anyone be there?

NT
Old 08-28-2004, 02:48 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods, and likely a bad idea

You will have to wait forever. You will not have a significantly shorter wait at midnight.

5/10 has painful looking lists until the extreme wee hours of the morning.

10/20 is significantly better in terms of wait and probably doesn't play that much bigger. The game is killed, and whenever I've watched a 5/10 game, the pots have been pretty big.

scrub
Old 08-28-2004, 10:03 AM

The wait will be brutal if you get there when you plan to. The wait will be considerably shorter if you get there around midnight. In general the waits are much shorter during the week, any morning, or in the middle of the night. They only get bad at certain times.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:10 AM

Thanks for the info, this is more or less what I was afraid of. I'm going to be here at work until 9 PM it turns out, so I might go home, shower, and leave for Foxwoods around 11 - getting there at 1 or 2 things should be quieter, no? I assume the games are still very much worth the time at this point.

Even though you end up playing a lot of pots at 10/20 in the 5/10, I'm not sure I've got the roll or the stomach for the 10/20 as of yet. I was just starting to feel really comfortable at 5/10 live last time I was there, so I'll probably play that again. If I get there at 2 am and the list is still a mile long, I might reconsider.

So - anyone there? I'm assuming there are a lot of you hitting these games this weekend. I'll post my MO when and if I leave (as if anyone will still be reading then...)

NT
Old 08-28-2004, 12:31 PM

Learn how to play O8B, the wait is short for this. Its a great game to play.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:09 PM

Default O8b

For what it's worth, i gather you're talking about the 5/10 game. The 2/4 Omaha game has a much shorter list but also moves VERY slowly -- which makes sense when you only have one table. Is the 5/10 significantly faster?
Old 08-28-2004, 06:48 PM

Default Re: O8b

I think it is. I have sat down at the 100 NL game faster than the 2/4 O8B. I think the 5/10 O8B Kill game is great. There will be at least 4 reg's there that are fairly good. the others, not so good. Good luck
Old 08-28-2004, 09:04 PM

When the lists get brutal the 5/10 O8B list is frequently the worst in the house because they'll only open 1 or 2 tables. Stud, on the other hand, rarely has lists of more than 10 people even when it gets zooey. It's not uncommon to see open seating at 5/10 or 10/20 stud while there is a multi-hour wait for hold 'em and O8 at the same limits.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:45 AM

NT:

Sunday was a pretty light weekend day for the Woods barely any waits all afternoon.

I saw you playing against Mr. Smooth again - how'd you fare?