Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2004, 09:01 AM

Default A slowplayed hand at the 6-max tables.

Hey guys. Still pretty new to the 6-max tables. Had this hand last night and wanted to know what people thought of the play, especially the flop and turn.

Anyway all thoughts are appreciated.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 max, 6 handed)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB ($43.31)
BB ($24.75)
UTG ($30)
MP ($156.53)
<font color="C00000">Hero ($35.84)</font>
<font color="C00000">Button ($26.20)</font>

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP calls $0.50, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button calls $2, SB folds, BB folds, MP folds.

Flop: ($5.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4.

Turn: ($13.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: ($13.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets $5</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $29.84 (All-In)</font>, Button calls $15.20 (All-In).

Final Pot: $63.29
Old 08-27-2004, 11:13 AM

Default Re: A slowplayed hand at the 6-max tables.

I wouldn't slowplay top pair with a flush on board.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:39 PM

i wouldn't check-call on that flop. i think check-raising and betting are both viable; i probably would have just bet.

i would bet out on the turn. there are a lot of straight draws out now, as well as the flush draw. it's a risky free card.

i would check-call the river. AQ is just about the only hand that you beat that will call this check-raise. i guess a loose player might call it with Ax.

in general, you need a stronger hand than this to slowplay - your hand is just too vulnerable.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:31 PM

I don't mind the check-call on the flop but I would definately lead the turn if I did that. It is very table / player dependent. If you take this line you will probably be going to the felt with TPTK but you were looking to do that anyway, so it seems ok.

Let me restate that if you are going to take this line on the flop you must lead the turn for the pot. Get some money in the middle if you think you have the best of it (I put him on AQ or AT exactly).