Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2004, 01:30 PM

Default Horrible river call - to make it worse I hate my turn play.

I think I should fold or raise the turn, I called even though he led into me despite my flop cap and preflop raise which shows strength.

This is also a horrible river call - calling two cold when UTG+1 comes alive on the flush card, urgh!

Overall, A badly played hand thats bugged me ever since - whats the best way of playing it?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 18.25 BB

Thanks

StuR
Old 08-24-2004, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Horrible river call - to make it worse I hate my turn play.

A check-3-bet from BB on the flop?! Wow.

Geez. I'm not sure I could have played it any differently from how you played it, even though, I think I'm beat. Well, OK, I probably just call the check-3-bet, but it may get capped anyway and I'm not going away there. Call one bet on turn, and then you pick up two pair on the river. When it's two bets to you on the river, it's very possible a set/boat and a flush both have you beat ... but geez, huge pot, micro limits, you have top two ... ugh ... hands like this just absolutely bite. If you're gonna muck the river when you hit 2-pair you might as well muck to the turn bet, I guess ... but even that's a reach, maybe ... I'm drowning here ... lifeguard!
Old 08-24-2004, 02:13 PM

In retrospect, I think you're drawing to a K and only a K on the turn, I just get the feeling that the J is out there, though if BB is 3-betting his flush draw (with only 2 other players?!?), you're drawing to 6 outs (2Ks, 2Js, 2 non-club As), which you're getting odds to.

I just get this bad KJ feeling from BB.

Folding the river is ok, in my estimation, one of those two probably has you beat.

-d
Old 08-24-2004, 03:49 PM

I consider folding the turn but I definitely fold the river. I put UTG on a flush draw (maybe straight?) and BB on at least a king, most likely KJ judging by the C/R. When the river completes a lot of draws and UTG wakes up, it's surely time to drop this hand.

Is my thinking off?