Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2004, 02:35 AM

Default Took heat at the table ... now the forum?

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks,

Flop: (4.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls.

River: (15.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18.75 BB, between UTG+1, SB and Hero.</font>
Old 08-18-2004, 02:37 AM

Default Re: Took heat at the table ... now the forum?

Looks fine to me. Raise preflop maybe?
Old 08-18-2004, 03:13 AM

there is no maybe about it.
definite raise pre-flop.

this and the other hand (where you open-limped from the button) look like you feel sorry for the BB and want to give him a chance.

as i read it...you have 2 opponents left on the turn (even though it says 3 players...there's a bug somewhere in bison's converter) so i am not positive you are getting enough value from your draw to cap it.

you have 15 cards that make your hand....although any of the 6 cards that complete your straight might be a split-pot....so i look at those as half-outs and you really have 12 outs of the 45 unknown cards.

i don't think an ace will be good here so i'm not including them as outs. if you want, you can count the 3 aces as 1 more out....meaning maybe there is a 33% chance hitting an ace will win the pot (i think that might be generous).

on top of that...the cap is likely not going to push anybody out here.

so to me it doesn't look like capping is warranted here.

again, i'm not sure why the table was giving you grief. unless they're just upset that you're hitting your draws and they are not.

fwiw, i get someone telling me how much i suck all the time (i mean BESIDES myself).
let them be idiots. don't be so touchy.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:21 AM

You are going to feel silly when you have to check-fold the river after capping the turn.

This not a profitable play since SB already clearly has a str8.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:08 AM

abednego:

I would have folded on the flop.

--Rico
Old 08-18-2004, 09:53 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
You are going to feel silly when you have to check-fold the river after capping the turn.

This not a profitable play since SB already clearly has a str8

[/ QUOTE ]

If there were many more players, like 3+ opponents (not 2) in, i'd jam this turn a little. Even if i knew the sb had a str8 (non nut). If he had the nut str8, i'd need 5+ players to jam it. Then if i missed, i could fold easily without feeling silly.

Here, he doesn't have enough players to jam it for value. But a semi-bluff raise is fine. The sb's 3 bet tells you what you need to know. I wouldn't cap it.

b
Old 08-18-2004, 10:12 AM

I actually experience "feeling silly" when I read some of the responses I get from my posts. And rightfully so because here I lay myself bare to many whom presumably posess skills and wisdom exceeding my own. I try to cast feelings aside at the table though. I have them, I certainly experience them but I endeavor to never be ruled by them - great, elated, angry, silly or otherwise because to allow that, no matter which feeling it may be, is to lean towards tilt - wouldn't you agree? But I do get what you're saying here - capping is ill-advised - and I appreciate your post. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2004, 10:14 AM

oops .... I replied to your post - but I replied under bernie's ...... Now I really do feel silly.