Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2004, 06:37 AM

Default What site would you recommend?

Basically I have been playing holdem full-time for about a month now.

About 2 weeks spent at pacific poker. I feel I have been playing fairly well but I really need a bit more action.

The game runs just a bit too slow at pacific (30-50hands an hour).

During horrible runs of cards I just get bored to death and I feel that I am just not getting the experience I should.

After 20min of folding it is hard to throw away a small pocket pair UTG on a loose passive table. Especially when you are playing 5c/10c or 10c/20c games (I'm not gonna go bankrupt).

I really want to get into the rhythm of playing and folding the cards I should so it becomes second nature.

I also want more experience in playing post flop, because I feel my main weakness is my lack of post flop experience.

At the moment I might only take 2-3 hands to the river in an hour.

Sorry I babble on a bit too much... I'll get to the point.

I don't have the bankroll for PP .5/1 games so I am really looking for a good .5/.1 - .1/.2 site which plays a bit faster or where I can multitable at.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:01 AM

Default Re: What site would you recommend?

pstars has good micros. the .05/.10 is a good place to start. you can't multi at pacific?
Old 08-11-2004, 09:06 AM

its not possible at pacific
-I am having the same problem. The fish at Pacific are horrible! They are either weak-tight or uber-LAG table skippers. I feel like the more I learn about poker from books and this site, the less effective I've become against the typical Pacific player...
Old 08-11-2004, 09:43 AM

Pacific is a money machine, and is the best place for new players. However, I no longer play there mainly due to incompatability with Poker Tracker. If you want a faster paced (and by definition MUCH harder, as people play much less hands and fold when they should) game, try the UB .25/.50 game. Its like a different world from Pacfic. Also, UB has a HUGE bonus that does not expire through pokerlistings.com.

Try that out, but watch out, the UB game is MUCH harder, but much, much faster paced.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:04 PM

Take a look @ http://www.victorypoker.com

Lots o' fishies ripe for the picking. I am a relative newbie, and I've managed to double my very small bankroll in 3 weeks or so @ very low limits ($.05/$.10 - $.25/$.50 Limit RG's). It's a brand new site that just opened on July 21st (Headed up by Al Spath, whom I'm sure some of you may know or have heard of). They offer a 35% first-time deposit bonus if using Neteller (25% for all others).

I am JoeDogInKC there, so look me up if ya want (or use me as a referral [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ).
Old 08-11-2004, 05:12 PM

I like Paradise for the nano limits too. Problem is nothing between .10/.20 and .50/1 (I think).