Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2004, 11:56 AM

Default Table talk on Party

So I had noticed this before, but never as bad as this weekend at Party. Multiple people this weekend talking way too much about current hands, people trying to guess the hands, like 3 to a flush and someone bets - "he's got the flush!", or K on the board someone bets - "k-?", or someone saying "hope your pair is smaller than mine" before the flop. Other times people stating what they folded while the hand is still going on! And it continues even after someone friendly reminds them please don't comment on hands in play.

I couldn't really find anything in Party's rules that prevent this, but isn't this a standard poker rule, don't talk about a hand while it is in play? Should I just not care?
Old 08-30-2004, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Table talk on Party

I dont think comments such as "you got the flush eh?" are bad at the table, but clearly stating that you folded X and Y, is..someone correct me if im wrong.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think comments such as "you got the flush eh?" are bad at the table, but clearly stating that you folded X and Y, is..someone correct me if im wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is kind of a grey area as to making guesses of what people have. It is of course generally not accepted but there aren't explicit rules against it (you would probably get asked to leave a B&M cardroom if you did it several times). Giving actual information on the hand in play (like what you folded) definitely does not seem right, though.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:21 PM

I think talking about the hand at all during play is BS unless the person is in the hand. You could scare someone into folding when they may have called with the worst of it or talk them into calling when they may have folded with the best of it.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:24 PM

i went [censored] crazy a few times during play yesterday after a player repeatedly talked during hands.

so damn rude, one time it was me, him, and another guy in a 3 way pot with the other guy driving the betting. on the river i was about to fold to a big bet in NL, and the other guy is sitting there thinking of calling and he starts asking me if i was going to fold..... i think i said [censored] at least 6x in one paragraph.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:45 PM

Default The solution is simple...

...I ask the perpetrator once to stop then just call party support at 1-888-206-4659 (which I have handy by my PC). PP has informed me they do not tolerate chat about the hand during the hand by anyone period. They will immediately watch the game and review past and current chat and will either notify the one doing and/or display in the chat area something to the effect of "do not talk about hands while in progress".

However, there is nothing that actually states this is their rules and regs. I have suggested they add something to cover this. Maybe if enough express concern they will.

KC
Old 08-30-2004, 01:54 PM

I only do it when i'm heads up in a pot against someone, or I'm on the river closing the betting so it is not possible to affect anyone elses play. At one point last night I was heads up in a pot against someone and knew they had Q10 making a straight. On the turn I typed in "I know you have Q10 but i'll pay you off" and called him down. Was this illegal or frowned upon?
Old 08-30-2004, 06:01 PM

I believe your comment would only be ok had he already pushed in. Then his further action can not be influenced one way or another. Otherwise, if he did not bet allin or had yet to act, your comment could be a trap if "YOU" held the nuts or want to influence him to think you may have the nuts and give you a free card.

Your thoughts?

Kind Regards,
KC
Old 08-30-2004, 06:30 PM

I think that in live games when two people are head up they can say whatever they want. "You got that ace?" "You want me to call?" Stuff like that. The thing I don't get is that people type "you have a flush????" into a chat window like they expect to get a read somehow.

However, comments by people not in the hand, like "I folded the last King" or "he always bluffs like this" should be (and are, I think) against the rules everywhere.

My 2½ cents.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:57 PM

Location: Pittsburgh Pa (North Suburb called Cranberry Township)

I am wit ya. I was in a game yesterday with a fellow who was very laggy (60% PF, 35% PFR), and was very nasty to everyone at the table. He considered it a personal affront to his manhood when anyone other than him would raise - but oh, was the game good.

Anyway, he had been talking about his hands throughout as well as others when we come to a hand where I have a pair of 5s in mp, 3 limpers, I call, 2 more limpers to him on the button and he says, I better raise this just in case I hit it. He raises, I call, the guy behind me raises, he says game on MF and caps, now, I have the perfect hand for this with 55 as the set will be beautifully hidden.. and the flop comes 4 78 2 diamonds. I bet out, a couple of folds, talker goes "you want a pice of this a hole?" raises, comes back 2 cold callers, I call. was a 2 non diamond. check, he bets, call, I call. River was another non-diamond 2. He starts yelling in the chat box. Fxxx, I have J10d and I can't believe I missed this!!!. the guy in front of me checks, I take a flier and bet it, dude calls, the other guy calls. He had J10d and his J10d was no good. other guy had A5o. MHIG - 55 in a hayuge pot - couldn't believe it. Misplayed, maybe, probably. but I had odds for the 4 outer on 4th and the flop bet worth it because if anyone else bet he raises and I have to call 2 bets cold. If he doesn't say anything, I check around, he bets, it is overcalled and I have a very very tough time calling the 3rd highest pair with his action the whole way.

So, table talk stinks, but I appreciate this fellow for declaring his hand for me and pushing a 15-20 bb pot my way.