Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2004, 09:58 AM

Default to slow play or not

Party 1/2- Just sat down at the table so no reads. I have AT clubs in the big blind. Four limpers, sb folds. I probably should have raised here but didn't, should I raise this?

Flop comes 678 all clubs. I check, checked around. Turn card comes Ah. I bet everyone folds but button who calls.

How would you bet this to maximize profits?
Old 07-31-2004, 10:13 AM

Default Re: to slow play or not

To maximize Profits, Raise Pre-flop, you likely have the best ace if not the best hand, a bigger ace would likely have raised already, so a raise here is the best play. Bet the flop. For starters, assuming everyone called your pre-flop raise, there would be 10.5 SB in the pot, so a lot of people might chase that straight or the Kc or Qc might stay in now since the pot is so big. On the Turn, I would bet out against a single opponent but would go for the check/raise against a field. The ace is sweet because someone might have made two pair with that board, except that also means they have odds to chase you now because of the pot size. Having gotten to where you are, I would bet out on the river regardless of what drops and three-bet it back unless the board paired. Obviously, if the 9c falls, I am not stopping for anything. Personally, I think checking pre-flop and then on the flop and leading the turn kept the pot small.
Old 07-31-2004, 10:34 AM

Default Re: to slow play or not

Thanks Vern, I agree with your analysis. I think my big mistake was not raising preflop.