Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2004, 01:54 AM

Default Ultimate Buddy

I think this might be wrong to do, both because its mean and people might not care, but I just couldn't resist. I am playing PP 1/2 right now with the WORST player I have ever played poker with in my entire life. EVER. His screen name is rbrad3 and in the twenty minutes I have been sitting here, he has gone through over $100 dollars and keeps cashing in for more. He PF raises with any royalty, any two cards within straight possibility, and he capped my KK with Q3o. I think I have a crush. Anyways, you should all check him out, add him to your buddy lists, whatever, but he is the real deal. I apologize in advance if this thread annoys anyone.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:00 AM

Default Re: Ultimate Buddy

Sounds like Brad pissed off his lady friend so she's giving his poker money away...good girl
Old 07-27-2004, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this might be wrong to do.

[/ QUOTE ]I agree.

Let's use this forum to better our play instead. Posting a bad player's screename just rubs me wrong.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:04 AM

I don't think it's really good form to post people's user names like this. I know I wouldn't like to see mine in here in this context.

Just put him on your list and keep him to yourself.

I'm not trying to bust chops, but you're probably going to get a lot of replies telling you it's not cool.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:21 AM

Honestly, I am sorry for doing this. In hindsight, I feel like an ass. Thank you for pointing this out to me, and in a nice way, since you both could have legitimately yelled at me. This won't happen again.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:22 AM

I've been thinking about why this rubs me wrong and this is it:

Now this guy has a steeper hill to climb than anyone else. He's almost guaranteed at least a couple 2+2ers at each his tables. That's not fair.

He may be a hopeless cause anyway, with no intention to improve, but let's not get in this habit.

Also, as I said before, this isn't productive information for any forum-viewers in the long run. Improving our own games should be our goal.

Edit: No prob ToT. I don't think it's any big deal- just a bad habit to get into.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:22 AM

Okay, so I have to continue to scold myself because who the hell am I to criticize someone. I was that person just a couple of years ago. Again, this is very unlike me and it won't happen again.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:24 AM

Thank you Grey and I completely agree, as you will see in my other two posts. And thanks for the explanation, that was a very patient way to reprimand my stupid and condescending post.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:24 AM

No biggie. This isn't the first time it's happened, and I'm sure it won't be the last. Live and learn. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]