Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2004, 12:59 PM

Default Ed Miller says - There is NO PATTERN !

pg 40 of IT.

I can already see that I will not be able to loan this book to the players in some local games. They honestly believe; that seat is winning tonight, 9's are hot tonight, she always makes the flush, keep playing the rush, etc etc.

There is some dangerous material in this book.
Old 07-22-2004, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Ed Miller says - There is NO PATTERN !

Last night I fell asleep mumbling the mantra, "There is no pattern, there is no pattern, there is no pattern..."
Old 07-22-2004, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pg 40 of IT.

I can already see that I will not be able to loan this book to the players in some local games. They honestly believe; that seat is winning tonight, 9's are hot tonight, she always makes the flush, keep playing the rush, etc etc.

There is some dangerous material in this book.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean i can finally quit wearing the jamaican hat with the fake dreads and carying my wifes beanie baby collection around with me from table to table.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:04 PM

I think it would be very beneficial to all if Ed would debate Johny Chan in this forum on the subject of his orange.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pg 40 of IT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought IT was the Segway?

Who knew there were poker tips written on it? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2004, 02:52 PM

I was gonna write a long post here about how he fails to disprove pattern maps...

but I want that mo-fo thread to die....I wanted it to die the first day, and I don't wanna restart it..

so forget I mentioned pattern maps at all. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

RB
Old 07-22-2004, 03:08 PM

You see the same phenomena (sic) at blackjack. The human brain is wired in such a way that we constantly try to find patterns when (in many situations) there are none.

As to wising up the locals at your cardroom, 85-90% of them would ignore NPA's advice even if you read it to them verbatim. IMHO.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You see the same phenomena (sic) at blackjack. The human brain is wired in such a way that we constantly try to find patterns when (in many situations) there are none.

As to wising up the locals at your cardroom, 85-90% of them would ignore NPA's advice even if you read it to them verbatim. IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

having played BJ with the ploppies....and then having dealt to them for 8 months....i have to agree.
i know dealers who are reasonably intelligent who start to believe some weird stuff.

one guy i know can multiply some pretty large digits in his head (hey Jim....what's 476 times 6923??)....but then will tell you...'you just watch...on that third roulette table, the 32's always seem to follow the 23's. there are many other number groupings like that but that one is the strongest'