Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2004, 02:29 PM

Default Another question about a hand late in tourney.

Well, again last night I was pretty deep in a mtt. this time, it was a $50+5 MTT at PP. I dont remember the details that great, somthing close to this. About 800, entrants. with about 50 left. Im in the money already. I have about 4,000 in chips. Blinds are 400/800. I get AJ clubs in my big blind. Middle position player open raises to 4,000. It was folded to me. I dont have much of a read on this player, besides the fact that he is rather healthy chips wise. So, is this a easy call for me? or do I fold and pick a better spot? A better spot being if I get an oppurtunity to open raise on someone, or if I get a better hand? I figured this is a no brainer, and an easy call. He turns over QQ, and hits his set, and knocks me out. what do you think?
Old 07-19-2004, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Another question about a hand late in tourney.

If the table is tight, and you will be able to attack the blinds by moving all-in in the next few hands (regardless of your cards) then I toss it. If you are unlikely to get the opportunity because there is a lot of preflop raising going on at the table, or the blinds defend very liberally then take your shot now.