Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2004, 10:13 PM

Default Muck these aces?

No reads yet.

Anyone muck for the turn raise or river bet?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12.66 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8.33 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, BB calls.

River: (15.33 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 18.33 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18.33 BB, between BB, MP2 and Hero.</font>
Old 08-02-2004, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Muck these aces?

I make it a point to not fold AA in this game unless the board is ridiculously scary or I'm facing 2 big bets cold. Neither of these two conditions is met here.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:13 PM

Not me. If he had limped in preflop I might consider laying down since he is checkraising two guys with a straight out there and a paired board, and you havent shown any weakness. But since he brought in for a raise, I think there is a good enough chance he is overplaying a big pair that its an easy call.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:14 PM

Uh, no.

It's entirely possible MP2 is playing an overpair this way. Unless MP2 and Button/BB start getting into aggression war, the AAs see the river here.

Garland
Old 08-02-2004, 11:29 PM

Dynasty would tell you there are more important things to worry about than folding aces here, and he'd be right.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:31 AM

You cannot fold here, and its not close. For one reason, he is the preflop raiser, and could be playing KK this way, though I'm not sure I would with that much in the pot and 3 to a straight on the turn. The main reason is that if he does have a 9, 88 or 77, there are 15 big bets in there on the turn, and you are 22-1 against hitting on the river. That probability combined with fact you may be winning makes seeing the river a must. Also, if he has 77 or 88(or a straight), you have 2 more outs with another 9. Of course youre not going to fold the river for 1 bet in that big pot, but even if you might, I think you have the odds to call the turn nonetheless
Old 08-03-2004, 09:53 AM

Default Results

MP2 shows K9s and takes down the pot.

Good to hear that no one else lays this down either.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:58 AM

I usually call down here against the players on Party Poker. Though his check raising the field screams that he has a 9.

-rory
Old 08-03-2004, 10:03 AM

Yeah I thought he either had the 9, or the boat with 77/88, or possibly JTs for the straight. Against the latter of these, I have 4 outs so calling the turn is pretty much mandatory. But because he raised pre-flop, there was enough of a doubt in my mind that perhaps he has just an overpair that I had to call it down.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Results

My prediction: this guy was broke by the end of the night and you had a good chunk of his money.