Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2004, 02:50 PM

Default Crosspost from Micro - ToP and semi-bluff defense.

I was re-reading the section last night in TOP about defending against the semi-bluff. I think it goes against the popular opinions in this (The Micro-Limit) forum.

For instance:

You are in EP with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. You have 3 or 4 callers. Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. You bet and the button raises. What do you do?

From the advice in the micro-limit forum, I would say 3-bet because you should have the best hand, you want to charge for the draw, and you want to see where you stand against the button and the rest of the callers. I think Sklansky says something different in TOP.

I think he is saying that you call in this situation (medium sized pot against a possible semi-bluff). Lead out betting on the turn if a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Ace, Queen, or Ten doesn't hit. If you are raised, then either slowdown or fold.

Is a stop and go correct here?

Am I (are we) playing too aggressive on the flop in these situations?

Is a 3-bet better in Micro-Limits and the advice from Sklansky better when we graduate to the higher limits?