Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2004, 01:14 AM

Default But I have a flush!!

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Dids is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">8 folds</font>, SB completes, Dids checks,

Flop: (2 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Dids raises</font>, SB calls.

This raise OK?

Turn: (3 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Dids calls.

Hmm?

River: (5 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Dids checks.

Final Pot: 5 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 3c 3s (flush, king high).
Dids shows 8h Kc (flush, king high).
Outcome: SB wins 5 BB. </font>

No point in bluffing the river right, he's not folding?
Old 07-06-2004, 04:24 AM

Default Re: But I have a flush!!

[ QUOTE ]
No point in bluffing the river right, he's not folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not folding.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:12 PM

I might just give up on the flop. If he has any spade, you're 2-1 to lose even if you hit trips or two pair. And if he doesn't have a spade, you're probably not going to extract much from him with all those spades out there!

I don't fear the flush, but I just don't think it's worth getting involved in this hand.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:16 PM

It looks fine to me. You had him heads up so there was little point in folding top pair before the river which went check, check anyway.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:17 PM

Why would you raise the turn if he's not going to fold there?
Old 07-06-2004, 01:27 PM

My question wasn't if I should raise the turn (although I'm wondering if he would have folded if I did) it's if I should have called.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I might just give up on the flop. If he has any spade, you're 2-1 to lose even if you hit trips or two pair. And if he doesn't have a spade, you're probably not going to extract much from him with all those spades out there!

I don't fear the flush, but I just don't think it's worth getting involved in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if you're being serious or sarcastic. If you're serious about folding this flop heads-up I think you're way off.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:52 PM

If I'd known what he had I would've raised the turn and bet the river.

Not knowing, it looks alright.

--Zetack

(and as a sidenote, if I knew what my opponents had, my BB/100 would be, oh--just a tad bit higher than it is now...)
Old 07-06-2004, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if you're being serious or sarcastic. If you're serious about folding this flop heads-up I think you're way off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was being serious. If I'm way off, please tell me where my thinking is flawed.

Sure, Hero is probably ahead on the flop, but remember that he was bet into. Yes, I'd bet out this flop if I was first to act, but I would respect the other player's bet in this situation (I usually don't). Good chance he's caught the 4-flush.

Let's say you don't think the Villain has a spade. When the turn is another spade, do you raise? And check/call the river?

No matter what, you're only going to get paid even money on any bets you make or call, and I think you will win here less than 50% of the time.

If you've got another approach, let me know. Sticking with this hand seems high-variance at best.

Again, I would definitely bet the flop if I was first to act, though.
Old 07-06-2004, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure, Hero is probably ahead on the flop, but remember that he was bet into. Yes, I'd bet out this flop if I was first to act, but I find that micro players don't bluff or semi-bluff much. Good chance he's caught the 4-flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
If villain has a 4-flush then hero will win this hand 2 out of 3 times (assuming his pair of K's will be the best hand the times another spade does not fall, which is usually going to be the case heads-up.). I don't know about you but I like those odds. I think the only questionable decision is on the turn but I like the call as many players will bluff on the scare card with worse hands.