Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 07-28-2005, 09:14 AM
NYCNative NYCNative is offline
Senior Member

Location: Columbus, OH
Default Empire Poker Spammed Me (Possibly)

The email address I use exclusively as the contact address on my personal website (it has no poker content on it and that is the only place this address exists on the net and I never used it for any other purposes) was just sent the following email:

-----

From: "Punam punam-at-ep.com |Website|" <x>
To: x
Subject: Poker Advertising!
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:41:57 +0300
X-tradal_ltd-MailScanner-From: punam@ep.com

Hi,

My name is Punam and I'm from Tradal, Empire Poker marketing department.

I would like to offer you to join Empire Poker special affiliate program.
Let me know if you are interested.
If you do, I'll send you bonus codes, trackers and Empire Poker business
cards.
If interested to hear more about the special deals, please reply to this
email with phone number where I can reach you to discuss...

Thanks and regards,
Punam
Tradal Ltd.
EmpirePoker.Com

-----

I do not like companies that spam and therefore Empire Poker will never get my business unless someone can tell me that this is affiliate crap or something that Empire has nothing to do with. Anyone know?
Old 07-28-2005, 09:49 AM
2easy 2easy is offline
Junior Member

Default Re: Empire Poker Spammed Me (Possibly)

i also received this and contacted empire to find out if it was through them or just a very clever affiliate seeking subaffiliates. (which you could have done too.)

anyway, this is indeed the empire affiliate marketing team that has contacted you.

i wasnt nearly as put off about it as you seem to be though, as it would be something that could be profitable, at least in my opinion, if i were to be able to dedicate the resources/time to it to do it properly.

hope this answers your question though.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:27 PM
NYCNative NYCNative is offline
Senior Member

Location: Columbus, OH

[ QUOTE ]
i also received this and contacted empire to find out if it was through them or just a very clever affiliate seeking subaffiliates. (which you could have done too.)

[/ QUOTE ]What makes you think I didn't? I did and didn't get a reply back as of yet.[ QUOTE ]
i wasnt nearly as put off about it as you seem to be though, as it would be something that could be profitable, at least in my opinion, if i were to be able to dedicate the resources/time to it to do it properly.

[/ QUOTE ]Spammers are criminals so it's good to know that you would be a criminal if you could only fit it into your busy schedule.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:32 PM
IggyWH IggyWH is offline
Senior Member

Location: Pittsburgh - FIESTA BOWL BITCHES!

[ QUOTE ]
Spammers are criminals so it's good to know that you would be a criminal if you could only fit it into your busy schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't feel like reading their T&C, but I'm sure it says somewhere in there that they can contact you. Since this is them contacting you, it's not spam.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:37 PM
Benholio Benholio is offline
Senior Member

[ QUOTE ]
Spammers are criminals so it's good to know that you would be a criminal if you could only fit it into your busy schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not all marketing email is spam.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:45 PM
NYCNative NYCNative is offline
Senior Member

Location: Columbus, OH

[ QUOTE ]
I don't feel like reading their T&C, but I'm sure it says somewhere in there that they can contact you. Since this is them contacting you, it's not spam.

[/ QUOTE ]You made two mistakes - you didn't read my post and you made an assumption. The OP above states that the spam came to an address used only for one thing which means I didn't use it to register for this poker site. Secondly, you assume that I am a member of Empire Poker, and I am not.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:46 PM
NYCNative NYCNative is offline
Senior Member

Location: Columbus, OH

[ QUOTE ]
Not all marketing email is spam.

[/ QUOTE ]True. This, however, is spam because it is unsolicited.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:08 PM
Synergistic Explosions Synergistic Explosions is offline
Senior Member

If spam bothers you so much, you really need to be proactive.
I suggest you join Blue Frog.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:14 PM
Uglyowl Uglyowl is offline
Member

Not all marketing email is spam.

[/ QUOTE ]True. This, however, is spam because it is unsolicited.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you have anything else better to worry about?
Old 07-29-2005, 06:43 AM
2easy 2easy is offline
Junior Member

i also received this and contacted empire to find out if it was through them or just a very clever affiliate seeking subaffiliates. (which you could have done too.)

[/ QUOTE ]What makes you think I didn't? I did and didn't get a reply back as of yet.[ QUOTE ]
i wasnt nearly as put off about it as you seem to be though, as it would be something that could be profitable, at least in my opinion, if i were to be able to dedicate the resources/time to it to do it properly.

[/ QUOTE ]Spammers are criminals so it's good to know that you would be a criminal if you could only fit it into your busy schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

to answer your first question as to why i didnt think you had done this. take a leap of logic with me and maybe guess it was because you were asking this question on this site. pretty presumptuous of me.

and, as to your second ummm, whatever it is...i was referring to being an affiliate at empire, not being a spammer.

take a chill pill crime buster.

p.s. guess this proves the old adage that no good deed goes unpunished. you originally asked a question as to the source of this message you got and i answered it. sorry to have put you out. (and even sorrier that i bothered to answer your question.)