Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2004, 01:05 AM

Default Value bet?

Live 2/4 at Foxwoods. It's late (actually early in the morning), the table is 6 handed, Johnny Boom Boom is to my left, Joe Tall is to his left. We have bought in big and have 3 large yellow chip pyramids on the left of the table. UTG limps, UTG+1 limps--both are standard calling stations--, I limp on the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], JBB completes, JT checks.

5 to the flop for 5 SBs. Flop is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. JBB and JT check, UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, I raise, JBB and JT fold, the rest call.

3 to the turn for 5.5 BBs. Turn is K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Checked to me, I bet, both call.

3 to the river for 8.5 BBs. River is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Checked to me. Bet or check through?
Old 08-09-2004, 01:07 AM

Default Re: Value bet?

I would bet, I think you are ahead at this time.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:09 AM

did you consider raising preflop to get rid of the blinds? your hand is almost surely better than two limping calling stations and you don't really want your JBB and JT in the hand...

bet the river, typical calling stations won't c/r often and when they do you can almost certainly fold with a clear conscience...
Old 08-09-2004, 01:10 AM

Raise preflop.

If for no other reason than to get those two tight asses on your left out of the hand. Well that and you have the button and a very good hand. Arent you some uber-lag? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I would bet the river here.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:10 AM

I'd raise preflop and bet the river.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
did you consider raising preflop to get rid of the blinds?

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly didn't. 15 hours of playing with a dinner interruption will do that. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
your hand is almost surely better than two limping calling stations and you don't really want your JBB and JT in the hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the texture of this game, i.e. overbuying and horsing around, would probably have encouraged JBB to administer the suckout pain-train on me if I raised. Which isn't to say it isn't the right thing to do.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:35 AM

i say a value bet here is probably good. i think a king would have raised you or bet somewhere, so i think your hand will be good enough to warrant a bet.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:14 PM

Default Results

I was hoping more of the newcomers would chime in but there it is. This is an easy value bet. I bet he called, I showed, he flashed K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and mucked. Joe Tall was half paying attention and asked if I bet. I said of course.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Results

So you lost? When you say "he flashed K 9 and mucked", he has two pair. But "he mucked" sounded like he lost.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Results

Er, my bad. Turn was a Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Makes the river bet slightly easier. Oops.