Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2005, 10:48 AM

Default Low Content Brag post!!!!

I took a break from my usualy PLO and PLO8 to venture into some SnGs- not sure why, but felt like seeing some tournament holdem action.

Anyways, I am in a hand with 6 people to go, and with blinds at 75/150. I have a healthy stack of 3050, and my villian has 3040. I get pocket QQ and raise from LP. He calls from the BB, and we both go all in on a flop of J22. Of course he has the 2 and it holds up - so I am down to 10 chips, or 1/15th of a BB.

I fold the next hand, then I get A4o. What better place for my 10 chips to go.

I call, and scare everyone out, as only the BB checks. I hit an A, and Triple up to 30!!!!!!

Now I'm moving. Very next hand - KQs. I figure why not - push (call) again!. this time we are 4 handed to the flop - which comes QQx. No one improved and I am not sitting pretty with almost 1BB at 120!!!!!!

I'm starting to feel the comeback.

I fold to my BB - and I get a very nice 98o.

One player raises, SB calls. Flop comes 67A. Raiser bets, SB folds, raiser turns over an AJs. Turn is a blank, river is a 5

I now have 480!!.

Time for the small blind - I get KT. guy from LP limps, I push - only he calls, and I double up again (plus the dead BB) to over 1K!

I fold a few, get another double up, and I'm back above 2K, and we now have 5 people left.

I got on to finish in the money with a 2nd place. I found this great and lucky, and proved to myself never to give up!
Old 01-04-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Low Content Brag post!!!!

Ha, I love that.

Mine was not quite as good as yours, but I was playing a $10+1 on Pokerroom and cameback from T42 to win one last week.

The comeback included two all-in runner runner straights with suited connectors ... A-W-E-SOME.

(Thought I'd add to the low content brag)
Old 01-04-2005, 11:55 AM

Default Re: Low Content Brag post!!!!

Congrats.

While there isn't much content here, there is an important concept here, and it's not giving up when you take a big hit to your stack. Lot's of people want to get there chips in the very next hand and start a new tourney.

Your 10 chips still have some $$ value!