Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Was this Bad etiquette?

I was playing online and one player always complained how slow people were. He wouldn't even give them 5 seconds, any pause and he would go nuts. Anyway so I dileberately took my time (a lot of time) and I let the impatient one know that I was just making him wait. He/she went spastic at me called me all types of derogatory names, went on tilt lost a lot of money to various players (including me). It wasn't long until they left the table.

Was I an arse or is it all part of the game?
Old 08-01-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Was this Bad etiquette?

If you find a player that is basically giving you step by step instructions on how to put him on tilt, you do it. Option 1: He leaves,annoying guy is gone Option 2: He goes on tilt Option 3: He keeps blabbing, and you click ignore user chat. There are a lot of things that you can do at the table that are bad etiquette, but who is this a-hole to set the pace of the table. Tell him to multitable so he can keep his ADHD brain busy.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Was this Bad etiquette?

Honestly the guy can say anything he wants at the table unless it gets totally out of line, that's when you should mute the player, contact an administrator and report them. The website will review the chat logs and if they were out of line the website will make it so that the player can't chat anyone again. Poker Stars is good at doing this. Honestly unless someone starts getting personal I just let them keep blabbing. I don't understand why this player was concerned so much about the pace of the game. All websites have a locked in timer that gives each player a certain ammount of time to make their decision, normally from 20 to 30 seconds and limited additional time can be utilized for difficult decisions. If the player doesn't like the amount of time given to the players then maybe they shouldn't be playing that particular game...maybe a turbo sit and go or multi table play as the previous poster said.