Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 05:10 AM

Default Folding AK when flopping Kxx rainbow?

I don't have the hand history on this one but it goes something like:

Villain types in the chat: "Are you ready to rumble?"

Villain make a 8BB preflop raise. I call with AK. Everyone else folds.

Flop comes Kxx rainbow. Villain overbets the pot. I call. Turn is a blank. Villain again makes a big bet.

I put him on AA, KK or a lower set and folds. Can I really lay this down at this level ($25NL Party)? Could he have QQ or KQ? Or just nothing at all? Was this too weak from me?

I probably should have reraised the flop to get information from him. But even calling his bet would tell him that I have a good king. How many bluffers will shoot again here on the turn?
Old 05-24-2005, 05:15 AM

Default Re: Folding AK when flopping Kxx rainbow?

On Party 25NL I'm calling down all that he's willing to bet. No chance I lay that down. You're gonna get shown a wide range of stuff from those guys. I want to get all in with that every time barring a very good read.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:27 AM

I think you most likely folded the best hand there. I put villain on anything from QQ to 55 . I think he probably had an underpair and was banking on you not having a king. Nobody with a set of kings is going to overbet the pot like that unless he is a really clever player. You got basically one hand that beats you and that is AA .
Old 05-24-2005, 08:41 AM

He's less likely to have AA since you have an A. Possible, but less likely. Easily could be QQ, JJ, or even any two given his chat.

I was going to say raise the flop, but I like radio's idea of just calling him down all the way. You get lots of info on his play that way, and I think you have an excellent chance of taking it down.