Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Large pot TP9K

ep3 tight but open raises a wide range, raise %12
mp3 is like 45/20 , really bad, postflop he's loose agg and can be a maniac
CO is reasonable but aggressive, and I have folded a pot to him hu recently where we both showed aggression after a steal raise from him

Party Poker (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">ep3 raises, mp3 calls, CO calls, hero calls</font>.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, ep2 bets, MP3 calls, CO raises, hero 3bets, ep2 folds, mp3 folds, CO caps, hero calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets, hero calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets, hero calls.

Final Pot:

I seem to have a case of "He could be bluffing I better call syndrome," lately. So I'm trying to make better laydowns, and I almost folded this on the flop. FYI This reraise the flop and lead the turn sequence by the CO is what led me to fold in our last hand hu. And the previous hand was actually a big reason for my calling, but it was just one hand and CO has been playing aggressively but turning over decent hands of the few that I have seen.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Since this hand generated so much interest

I decided to post the results. I know they are in big demand. Villain had As2s and mhig.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:15 AM

Default Re: Large pot TP9K

It looks ok...were you hoping to c/r the whole field on the flop?
Old 08-30-2005, 07:44 AM

Default Re: Large pot TP9K

I probably fold preflop, it is very easy for pfr to have a bigger ace and we are going to lose some bets if we both hit.

If I didn't fold preflop for some reason (say I had A9s -- is this even a sure call? I probably do make this call, but I do hate being out of position when A flops like this situation), I like to lead into the raiser to try to protect my hand. It is especially nice if PFR is the sort to still oblige us with a raise if he has KK/QQ/JJ. If PFR is not that sort, we can get a much better idea of where we stand.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:25 AM

Default Re: Since this hand generated so much interest

[ QUOTE ]
I decided to post the results. I know they are in big demand. Villain had As2s and mhig.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont care what Villain had. You should be folding this preflop, and leading into the raiser on the flop, and once you checked the flop and it got bet and raised b4 its your turn to act you should be folding. You got lucky here, but you will save more money than you can make by folding on the flop instead of 3 betting it.