Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 10:32 AM

Default Finding my leaks with pokertracker?

I decided 3 weeks ago that I should probably consider trying poker tracker now that I play on a supported site.

I downloaded the free trial and have my first 1k hands imported. I know 1k is way to small to be considered any usable sample, but before I purchase the software I'd like to know how to make good use of it.

I have read the entire guide at bet-the-pot.com but I'm still very overwhelmed. I can see that this tool has great potential for furthering the development of my game, but the sheer amount of data and how to use it effectively seems to elude me.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Finding my leaks with pokertracker?

Start small and work your your way up. You should study PT a little bit every week while you are not playing. Let at the starting hands that win/lose the most with. Are all your pp profitable?

If PT helps you plug one leak or stack opponent it pays for itself.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:52 AM

I suggest starting your analysis with the smallest reasonable unit, one session. One thing I like to do to practice my reading ability is to open the first hand of a session in the replay window, turn off the "show known cards" feature, and play through the session. This helps me sometime pick up on errors in judgement.

Once you have done that, take a look at the biggest winning and losing hands of the session. Now that you have refreshed your reads on the players is there anything you would do differently in those hands?
Old 12-07-2005, 02:59 PM

While searching for some PT info I came across pokertrackerguide.com. I've never heard of it before. Is it worth the money or is it similar to bet-the-pot's free guide?
Old 12-07-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While searching for some PT info I came across pokertrackerguide.com. I've never heard of it before. Is it worth the money or is it similar to bet-the-pot's free guide?

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly i think anything you can have answered by those can be answered here on the forum.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:33 PM

Haven't seen it, but the Software forum seems to think it is rather basic and not worth the money. If you aren't very computer savvy it may be worth the $20. Get PT and if you struggle buy the guide. It really isn't hard to get used to.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:12 PM

I wasn't sure if it was a 'walk through' of the program, or if it was something more in depth, like how to use the information contained within the application.

I don't need a walk through of the software, just looking for some good advice on crunching the data to improve my game.

Thank you for suggestions. I'll also post some stats as my sample size grows.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:26 PM

The Pokertracker Site Forum has some excellent posts on how to use the product and there are some hard core types there who would probably be happy to answer your questions.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:40 PM

Thats a good idea. I haven't checked out the PT forums at all.

Thanks again to all for suggestions.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:16 PM

Upon using pokertracker to look at my biggest winners & losers I began doing this after each session.

I reccomend doing so to maintain a great habit.