Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 08:49 PM

Default We can\'t talk about it, so how do I find if an affiliate is reputable?

Disclaimer: I am not an affiliate. I am not soliciting an affiliate offer.

I have tried to give this post some careful thought and I think I am within the rules of the forum regarding affiliates. However, I understand this is a very touchy issue. If someone thinks I am out of line please respond immediately and tell me exactly what section is inappropriate and I will edit. I will check for responses continuously for about 15 minutes after I post. Thank you.

I was just reading a thread criticizing an Empire affiliates actions (account to account transfers for rakeback). I have never been an affiliate and it is probably something I should look into, for obvious reasons. My concern is that I am unfamiliar with the unwritten rules regarding affiliates that most people in this forum seem to be aware of (like account to account transfer being a faux-pas).

Normally if I were unsure about some poker related issue I would try to post in this forum and get some advice from more experienced players. However, in the case of affiliation, this is complicated by the forum's rules (which I agree with wholeheartedly).

I would appreciate if someone could enlighten me. I thought maybe a list of 'rules' would be a good start. Also, things to look for in an affiliate - good and bad signs, questions to ask, etc.

Ideally, I would like to get some specific recommendations, but I understand this would be a clear violation of the forum's rules. It is also my understanding that PM's about this matter are forbidden. Is there some other way I could get recommendations and references?

Thanks for your time.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:50 PM

Default Re: We can\'t talk about it, so how do I find if an affiliate is reputable?

PM people who you trust that post a lot on here and ask for their opinion about XXXX affiliate.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Re: We can\'t talk about it, so how do I find if an affiliate is reputable?

I remember reading a post by Mat Sklansky saying that PM's regarding affiliates was a bannable offense.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember reading a post by Mat Sklansky saying that PM's regarding affiliates was a bannable offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mat,
if you read this, could you outline the reason?
Old 06-11-2005, 09:05 PM

Default Re: We can\'t talk about it, so how do I find if an affiliate is reputa

getting rakeback is not supposed to be some treacherous decision that will affect the rest of your life. just pick anyone on rakerebatereview and get going.

the RRR system is set up in a way that all advertisers must guarantee 100% customer satisfaction via pokeraddict's message boards. any affiliate who does not address public complaints or inquiries in a timely manner will be banned from having listings on the site.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:10 PM

Thank you for your response. I wasn't trying to be dramatic, I just want it to be clear that I am taking this issue and the forum's rules seriously.

Your info about RRR is helpful - I am aware of them but I did not know of that rule. That sort of information is exactly what I am seeking. I did not know that, I did not know that account to account transfers for rakeback were generally frowned upon, and I'm sure there's much more I don't know.

I maybe should have mentioned this in my first post but the account to account transfer issue if particularly troubling as I do NOT have a Neteller account. They do not service Maryland residents.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:13 PM

Your mailbox is full by now I am sure. Congratulations!
Old 06-11-2005, 09:15 PM

25 minutes, 0 PM's. I don't want any. That wasn't the point of the post.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
From now on all threads revolving around affiliate programs will be deleted when I become aware of their existence. Those wishing to sign up under others can peruse the classified ads. If you publicly announce your affiliate status, you will be banned. (Don't worry. Second chances will be given freely to those who claim they were not aware of this policy.)

Please continue with the barrage of notifications.

Mat

[/ QUOTE ]

So where does it say you can't PM people? PM someone you trust to get an opinion. Whoever said it first gave sound advice.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:22 PM

pygmy-

Its not as complicated as it seems. Find somebody who treats ya well and offers competitive rates. I would start with the classified ads to your left along with RRR.
Closed Thread