Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 10:03 AM

Default Match the quotes !

Hi, kids. Here is a nifty li'l puzzle. Who said what?

1. "You can support the troops but not the president."

2. "I just think [this war] is a bad idea. What's going to happen is they're going to be over there for 10, 15, maybe 20 years."

3. "You gotta explain to the mothers and fathers of American servicemen that may come home in body bags why their son or daughter have to give up their life?"

4. "[The] President is once again releasing American military might on a foreign country with an ill-defined objective and no exit strategy. He has yet to tell the Congress how much this operation will cost. And he has not informed our nation's armed forces about how long they will be away from home."

5. "I had doubts about the ... campaign from the beginning. I didn't think we had done enough in the diplomatic area."

6. "Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for the President to explain to us what the exit strategy is."

A. Rep. Tom Delay (R-TX)
B. Sen. Joe Scarborough (R-FL)
C. Sean Hannity, Fox News
D. Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA)
E. Sen. Trent Lott (R-MS)
F. Gov. George W. Bush (R-TX)
Old 10-06-2005, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Match the quotes !

[ QUOTE ]

Hi, kids. Here is a nifty li'l puzzle. Who said what?

1. "You can support the troops but not the president."

2. "I just think [this war] is a bad idea. What's going to happen is they're going to be over there for 10, 15, maybe 20 years."

3. "You gotta explain to the mothers and fathers of American servicemen that may come home in body bags why their son or daughter have to give up their life?"

4. "[The] President is once again releasing American military might on a foreign country with an ill-defined objective and no exit strategy. He has yet to tell the Congress how much this operation will cost. And he has not informed our nation's armed forces about how long they will be away from home."

5. "I had doubts about the ... campaign from the beginning. I didn't think we had done enough in the diplomatic area."

6. "Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for the President to explain to us what the exit strategy is."

A. Rep. Tom Delay (R-TX)
B. Sen. Joe Scarborough (R-FL)
C. Sean Hannity, Fox News
D. Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA)
E. Sen. Trent Lott (R-MS)
F. Gov. George W. Bush (R-TX)

[/ QUOTE ]

1. DeLay
2. No clue
3. I'll guess Hannity about some military action Clinton did, perhaps Somalia (was he even a media talking head then?)
4. Santorum
5. No clue
6. Bush

At least the DeLay, Santorum, and Bush quotes emerged from Clinton/Kosovo, no?

Also, Scarborough was a former Florida Rep., not a Senator.

If I had to guess, I'd say Hannity said #3, which means Scarborough and Lott said 2 & 5, although I can't even guess there.

Of course, I could be completely wrong on all of this.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:27 AM

Default That was a neo-con quiz

I made it real easy so as not to overload the brain:

1-A
2-B
3-C
4-D
5-E
6-F

All the quotes are from the time a Democrat president went after the Serbs in former Yugoslavia.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:31 AM

Default Re: That was a neo-con quiz

Further proof of the Republican's political mastery (note I'm not a republican). It's sick really. Damn they're so good. They say whatever they want (although these quotes were probably accurate then) and then somehow are able to make it seem as if they no longer apply.

Here's to a Red state for the next 50 years, until the Dems figure politics out (i.e. that it isn't enough just to be right about something) or until my party (three guesses [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) gets more than .0001% of the Pop. vote.

Cody