Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 04:55 AM

Default TPTK

I just started playing 3/6
I want comment on everystreet. I do not have read on villan.

Paradise Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.16 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (14.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.16 BB

Paradise Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (11 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB
Old 11-28-2005, 05:17 AM

Default Re: TPTK

Hand 1: I think you can safely fold the turn in this hand. It's highly likely you're behind, and drawing dead.

I think leading the turn is mandatory, in order to charge draws and avoid giving villain a free card. Though, after villain fearlessly raises again I'd let go.

Call down if we have a read on villain as loose/aggressive or overly aggressive with draws.

I'll try give my thoughts on hand 2 a little later.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:20 AM

Hand 2

preflop: you are OOP for the rest of the hand, but the average 3/6 limpers here are typically in with weaker hands here. Also, giving the BB a free play isn't good.

flop: Betting is good. You hit your hand, and there's no reason to believe that a check/raise would better protect your hand than a bet, so I like the bet. When you get raised, you have to be worried that you are against 2 pair or a draw. Re-raising probably won't push out UTG, so I like just calling and seeing if any draws get there on the turn.

Turn: I think going for a checkraise to knock out UTG is your best play here. Sure, it gets checked behind sometimes, but knocking out UTG's K9 or KT or KJ or 89 would be very valuable here.

River: Check/calling is best here. You are either against a set, 2 pair or a flopped straight, with 2 pair being the least likely hand. You are almost always getting raised when you are beaten, so you want to be ahead 66 percent of the time (2:1 fav because you lose 2 when you are behind, and win 1 when you are ahead) to bet/call here.

I think you are a dog to have the best hand. I also think villain is never checking behind 2 lower pair here.
In other words, check/calling wins the same amount as bet/calling when you are ahead, but bet/calling loses more when you are behind.
Anyone who said bet/fold is getting wayyyy too trigger happy with this horribly overated line.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:27 AM

Hands like these are the reason I datamine so much. You can't expect to play these correctly without reads.

Assuming Button is standard, I think I fold the turn after his raise. MP2 showed he liked his hand by betting the flop - as did you by raising. His 3-bet is unlikely to be with a draw. His turn raise tells me he isn't scared of top pair. I think MP2 has a Ten and Button 99.

I bet check/call the river in hand 2. MP1 either has, or is representing the str8. If he has it, he raises your 2 pair; if he doesn't, he may well fold.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:32 AM

Hand 1:

Preflop:good

Flop: good

Turn: It looks like you are behind but you have outs against 2 pair, and KQ and QT play this the same way a lot of the time, so its possible you are ahead. I like the way you played it.

River: Check/calling looks good. If MP2 wakes up with a raise you can fold. I think you're behind most of the time, and I think QT and KQ will often bet here, so bet/folding has no advantages over check/calling here. Bet/calling isn't a consideration here.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:28 PM

Hand 1: Pre-flop and flop are good. I would have folded the turn, but since you didn't, the river check/call is good.

Hand 2: Good chance you're beat, but I like the way you played it.