Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 09:52 PM

Default Rebuy madness

$30 rebuy on Paradise. Blinds 15/30. I raise to 120 in early position with QQ. Middle position reraises to 240. I push for 3000. Villain calls with KK. Villain had not been playing wild and the minireraise could be a big pair. I felt kind of stupid about this, but it's hard to fold QQ in the rebuy period.

Later, after rebuying a couple of times, the SB completed to 100. I pushed from the BB for 3000 with A4o and SB called with QTo. I doubled up on that one, so I felt better.

I don't gamble wildly in the rebuy period, but I try to adjust to how others are playing to take advantage of favorable opportunities.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:59 PM

Default Re: Rebuy madness

A llittle armchair psychology:

[ QUOTE ]

I don't gamble wildly in the rebuy period, but I try to adjust to how others are playing to take advantage of favorable opportunities.

[/ QUOTE ]

since the last part of this statement is a universal truth, I assume that the purpose of this statement is to rationalize why you DO gamble wildly in the rebuy period. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

It's ok, we all do it...

As i typed this, I busted on the first hand of a SNG to a min raiser who I raised to T100 who then reraised/pushed. He showed KK and I had QQ. Poker gods: 1 Armchair analyst:0
Old 06-03-2005, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Rebuy madness

[ QUOTE ]
since the last part of this statement is a universal truth, I assume that the purpose of this statement is to rationalize why you DO gamble wildly in the rebuy period

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play many hands in the rebuy period and I am not betting or calling without a real good reason. However, I am not going to play the same way I would in a freezeout.

In a freezout, I wouldn't have made the overbet push with QQ. I am not sure if I would call or reraise to the reraise. I might have been able to get away from QQ in a freezeout, but it is hard at this buyin against one player.

With A4 in the BB, I would have raised the SB in a freezeout, but maybe not pushed. If I pushed, I probably would have picked up the pot.