Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Misclick preflop leads to...

I was planning to just call the preflop 3-bet, I bet this flop to find out where i am, when the turn pairs i thought about a c/r and thought about it again on the river. What do you all think?

mp3 - 40 hands coming in at 32/15/3.2, aggro stats for each street are 1.2/9/4) with a w@SD 40%

Button - no reads, as i only have one orbit, seems loose aggro preflop(50/25) and passive post flop (1.3/1/1) and also goes to showdown to often (w@sd 14%).

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.33 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.16 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls.

River: (10.16 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 12.16 BB
Old 02-10-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Misclick preflop leads to...

I'm assuming by misclick you are referring to the PF cap - but isn't the real misclick raising this hand in EP?

As for the rest if the streets I don't see any reason to risk giving a free card. Betting out looks like the proper line. Make them pay to draw and keep betting your hand as it keeps improving.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming by misclick you are referring to the PF cap - but isn't the real misclick raising this hand in EP?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive been raising preflop at every other level. Is this bad at 3/6?
Old 02-10-2005, 12:59 PM

I think the preflop raise is standard. That is to say, I didn't use to raise in this spot, discussed it here, and was told overwhelmingly that I should be. In fact, I would play the whole hand the way you did (save the 4bet). A c/r heads up in this situation is just too risky for 2 reasons: 1) it is likely to get checked through, and 2) if he bets the turn or river and you raise him he isn't likely to call. Those two factors combined makes this a situation where I bet hoping I get raised, then I can c/r the next street or pop him with a 3bet. If he had an overpair he would probably raise you on the flop. Looks to me like he is calling down here with AK or AJ or something to that effect.