Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2005, 05:00 AM

Default I want your opinion on TT against AA & AA in same hand

I am perplexed about a tournament I just played. It was a small one table private NL Texas Holdem tournament. $50,000 in chips on the table 6 players left. I was 3rd in chips at $8750. The blinds were $500 and $1,000. The First player to act and the chip leader with $15K, raises to $2K. I had TT. I re-raise to $4K. The next guy goes all in with $4750 and the original better thinks for awhile and then goes all in. The pot has $25K in it and I would have to call the rest of my chips, $4750 . I put the first raiser on a big pair and the other guy on a big pair as well. I knew I was getting 5:1 on my money but felt like I was a big dog to call. So I laid down. They both turned AA, yes they both had the same hand. Flop came JT2 then nothing nothing and I would have won the $30K and probably have won the tournament. Instead I busted out on the next hand on a bit of a steam and went home thinking about this all night. Some players at the table said I made the right move, others said I didn't. What do you think?