Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 07:03 PM

Default My First 1/2 post. How\'s this KTs?

1/2 doesn't seem too bad. Certainly tighter than .5/1, but I think table selection will solve that problem. I'm down a bit in my first few hundred hands, but nothing worth talking about yet. So onto the hand...

Less than one orbit, no read on villain.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (9 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

How's the river?
Old 06-26-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: My First 1/2 post. How\'s this KTs?

The only thing I'd do differently is raise preflop. I really dont know what to make of the river action but I think your 3bet is fine with the nut straight.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:18 PM

Is a tough one. The chance that he just has trip Js means it's giving up too much to fold. That leaves calling or 3 betting (as you did). Would he have gone all that way with just pair of Js? Or is it more likely he had 2 pair and has now made FH? Think is a judgement call. Every time the board pairs doesnt mean someone has FH, but the change in his betting behaviour from calling to raising definitely makes this more likey and suggests you should proceed with caution. For the sake of the extra bet i think is best to probably just call the raise, but sitting here is very easy to say and think if i was actually playing the hand i would 3 bet like you!
Old 06-26-2005, 07:23 PM

Does anyone call the flop and raise the turn to make extra money (a 1/2 BB increase)
Old 06-26-2005, 07:41 PM

You may be right. Anyone else agree?
Old 06-26-2005, 07:42 PM

I can't find my copy...is that an SSHE recommended raise? I know we shouldn't worship Ed's preflop charts, but I'm just curious.

In any case, please give a little reasoning behind the preflop raise? Raising first in to limit the field?
Old 06-26-2005, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You may be right. Anyone else agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, build the pot up on the flop and by raising this up front it disguises your straight. Slowplay is the new fastplay, seriuosly it is. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

And also the turn raise could drive out potenntial hands that would call down otherwise, like a pair of Qs. By freezing villian on the flop you make it easier for others to call the turn.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:24 PM

Default OKAY -- this needs to be done, sorry!!!!!!

This is Roscoe:

Isn't he cute? [ridiculous baby talk voice] He a silly widdle kitty, yes sir he is. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! [/ridiculous baby talk voice]

Now, unforunately, it is impossible (or impractical) for me to track down BatsShadow and give him the proper beating he deserves for this open limp. So, from now on, everytime I see someone open limp with a hand like this from LP, I am going to kick the living sh[/i]it out of Roscoe.

What more do I have to do to get this point across people?!?
[i]
I'm not playing around anymore. Ya feel me?
Old 06-26-2005, 08:26 PM

Default Re: OKAY -- this needs to be done, sorry!!!!!!

snap
Old 06-26-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Re: OKAY -- this needs to be done, sorry!!!!!!

Um...I'm sorry.

No seriously, I guess I need to bust out a hand chart again, but is KTs THAT much better than KTo? I mean, I realize in a multiway pot it makes a huge difference but open-raising will limit the field.

You want me to open raise KTo from MP1 too?

BTW, I've only played 425 hands at 1/2, but my pfr is 11+, so I'm not one of those passive preflop people. My .5/1 stats were in the 13+ range I think.