Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Fishy Weak/Tight Virtual Rail Comments

I finshed 24th in the 2000 player $200 MTT on Party on Sunday. Later on there were all these ridiculous criticisms by people who were watching, many of whom busted out much earlier.

Every time someone got caught on a steal or resteal, whether or not they won the hand, you heard about what an idiot they were. When someone busted out bluffing with nothing after missing the flop, they were really stupid. One guy went from tournament chip leader to busting out in one round. He really screwed up: they said he should have coasted.

Of course these are all the kind of plays you need to make to win a tournament. It apparently never occurred to these people that these idiots had made it deep into the money because they knew something the critics didn't. Oh well, I guess that is what makes poker profitable.

I was watching the final table and I had to turn the chat off, which was really dense at that point. I assume most of the players did the same.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:34 AM

Default Re: Fishy Weak/Tight Virtual Rail Comments

some comments I have aquired:

"This has got to be the worst player ever"
"I can't believe it, he plays stupid and gets rewarded for it"
"this guy is a shithead"
"coolhandgay"

in response to going all in over sombodies raise with 88 and a very short stack, and drawing my eight to make trips over their AA.