Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Do you consider JJ a (pre-flop) re-raising hand?

Obviously the texture of the game depends. Just curious-Do you ever consider JJ a re-raising hand? How do you play JJ if you are raised before the flop? Let's assume you are in a loose, aggressive game. How do you change your play from EP-LP?Do you like to take flops and go from there, or try and take it down right away?

or..How do you play them in a tighter game? Do you auto-fold to a re-raise PF? Discuss...
Old 04-13-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Do you consider JJ a (pre-flop) re-raising hand?

Reraising w JJ or any medium to small pair is not something I do very often. I would reraise if a true LAG raised in front of me and it was folded to me in position. Generally I will just call as long as stacks are deep enough and play them for set value. JMO
Old 04-13-2005, 05:45 PM

Generally I'll re-raise only if I'm hoping to better define my opponents hand. i.e. if I reraise and he comes way over the top, I can safely assume he's got AA, AK, KK, or maybe QQ...so I can get out of the hand without being in trouble when the flop comes 2-5-8. If he calls and the flop is all blanks, I bet out trying to take it down and again if he comes over the top I'll probably fold. At that point position factors a lot into it.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:54 PM

I would reraise if someone was always blind stealing and I found this in one of my blinds.