Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Party Poker: How much hard is 3/6 compared to 2/4?

I've almost got my online bankroll up to $1800, so I'll have 300BB for 3/6. I was wondering how much more difficult 3/6 is compared to 2/4. I tried it once before, and it seemed like a total rock garden. I don't know if that is 3/6 in general, or if it was just the table I sat at.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Party Poker: How much hard is 3/6 compared to 2/4?

Table and seat selection is much more important at 3-6 that at 2-4. In general the games are tighter with more multi-tabling TAG's. It is important to remember that your profits come from your opponents mistakes, not your good play. At 2-4 there are many more mistakes being made at the average table. At 3-6 you need to search for the good tables.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried it once before, and it seemed like a total rock garden. I don't know if that is 3/6 in general, or if it was just the table I sat at.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I tell you that yes, it's a rock garden, will it keep you from moving up?
Old 10-23-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I tried it once before, and it seemed like a total rock garden. I don't know if that is 3/6 in general, or if it was just the table I sat at.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

quite possibly. 8-tabling 2/4 I make enough to pay bills, so I don't really have a need to move up, even though I'd like too. It sound like I might not be able to play full 3/6, but maybe have 5-6 tables of 2/4 open, and try a couple 3/6 games if I find any good ones.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

quite possibly . 8-tabling 2/4 I make enough to pay bills, so I don't really have a need to move up, even though I'd like too. It sound like I might not be able to play full 3/6, but maybe have 5-6 tables of 2/4 open, and try a couple 3/6 games if I find any good ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an oxymoron. But seriously if want to learn the answer to your original question, use the search. There is a lot of posts on this subject.