Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 07:30 AM

Default Ultimate Poker Challenge: The Action Dan Episode

Apologies if this has been discussed before. I searched and couldn't find it.

The last episode of Ultimate Poker Challenge had special guest Dan Harrington doing some color commentary/hand analysis. He looked & sounded a bit uncomfortable, but I expected that. He shouldn't quit his day job (any of them) to go into broadcasting. HIs analysis was unsurprising, but dead on.

Funniest moment: When asked what advice he'd give to players in tournaments, he said, "Get lucky!" OK, his real answer was moving more aggressively with less than 10x the blinds & antes, but his first answer is more telling.

They did give a brief mention to his books and even showed them on screen.

As for the tournament itself, Andy Bloch was there in his Full Tilt jersey and finished 7th. "Brooklyn Dan" (don't want to misspell his last name), a regular at the UPC final tables, finished 2nd. The other names weren't familiar and I don't remember any of the hands.

An interesting point was that this was a $2500 buy-in tourney and they bragged about there being over $150,000 in the prize pool. 60 players - oooh!

Liked the old theme music better, and wish Brandi Williams would wear less clothing.