Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2005, 03:26 PM

Default i think i played this too weak... what do you think?

i think i should have bet/raised the turn... anyone think differently?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB
Old 01-24-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: i think i played this too weak... what do you think?

i think you'll see AK or KQ more often than a made flush considering he called 3 cold preflop, but a set is possible too. i probably lead the turn and call a turn raise, then check call the river unimproved.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:31 PM

Bet the turn. If raised, call down.

You are good more times than not here.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:34 PM

I would have led the turn, calling down if raised. Your line wasn't that far off. MP3 doesn't seem to be too worried about TPTK (you could have AK), so he presumably isn't too worried about your overpair either. Raising the turn is therefore a bit much IMO.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:38 PM

Raising the turn would have been the aggressive play, though I don't think your play was that awful.

If you check raised the turn, it might have sent a message to your opponent that you are not afraid of the flush on the board. If your opponent reraised, then you could probably just call with a draw to the nut flush, and check call the river if you didn't hit your flush. It's reasonable to believe your opponent hit top pair, so you still may win the pot with your pocket rockets.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:52 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

I think betting the turn is the line here. I just can't see what he's holding that beats you. I'd imagine KK is capping pf and 88 or 99 seems unlikely to me. Any stats on villain that would lead you to believe he's playing JTs?
Old 01-24-2005, 03:55 PM

ok... yea i think my biggest mistake was not leading the turn.. figger if i get raised i'll just call down... thanks for the help guys
Old 01-24-2005, 04:42 PM

Just for the sake of discusssion, why not check-raise the turn, and lay it down if 3 bet?
Old 01-24-2005, 04:55 PM

Personally I can't think of an single hand that I'd call 3 cold with, I'd cap with AA or KK and fold just about anything else.

I think MP3 is on either AA or KK, so you are either behind to a set, which his capping the flop also points to, or looking at a split pot if you don't hit the flush.

I think I'd have checked it down the same, unless I had a read on MP3 as a real maniac, then I'd raise and cap every street!

Mat