Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2005, 03:04 AM

Default Unconventional KK - Like my Line?

Typical Table.

Button is LAP 46% VPIP w/ PFR of 4% over 61 hands
Villain is LPP 43% VPIP w/ PFR of 0% over 20 hands

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button folds.

With a paired board and flush draw do I 3 bet in this situation? I'm thinking Villain might have hit a Q or raising w/ a flush draw (less likely tho?)

Turn: (10.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Villain is still raising me when another spade drops, I'm thinking I could be behind so I call (I have a flush redraw now)

River: (14.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

I hit 2nd best flush, I bet out. Who goes for a C/R here given Villain's aggression?

Final Pot: 16.50 BB
Old 02-04-2005, 03:12 AM

Default Re: Unconventional KK - Like my Line?

[ QUOTE ]
With a paired board and flush draw do I 3 bet in this situation? I'm thinking Villain might have hit a Q or raising w/ a flush draw (less likely tho?)

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, most likely a flush draw.

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is still raising me when another spade drops, I'm thinking I could be behind so I call (I have a flush redraw now)

[/ QUOTE ]

i prefer calling this raise.

[ QUOTE ]
I hit 2nd best flush, I bet out. Who goes for a C/R here given Villain's aggression?

[/ QUOTE ]

i prefer betting.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:25 AM

Thanks for the response. So you don't think MP2 would call to induce an overcall from button to keep the right number of players in for his flush draw (3+)?

Thx
Old 02-04-2005, 03:38 AM

46% VPIP - good grief man [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Normally you want to re-raise the flop with the kings. Given that this is a passive player though (as you say), you want to slow down here and just call. Passive players don't raise flush draws I presume [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So I'm not putting him on the flush on the turn, but he's got something, or he wouldn't have raised the flop. Loose passive players tend to check and call a lot, not raise, unless they really have something. Pair of queens with good kicker? Probably not. I'd be worried I'm behind here, not enough to throw it away, but it's prudent here not to let him raise you again. If he has a real hand, and the chances are more likely than not, you don't want to play into him, even though you have a flush draw to go with your kings now.

On the river, well, this could be a scare card for him, and you don't want him off the hook. Since he's passive, he's probably going to check back, but he's loose so he's going to probably call you. So betting was the right move.

I assume you won the hand here and the way you played it got you more money than playing it safer. Keep in mind though that you don't want to be the chump with a hand like this and someone sitting with better. Perhaps this player isn't passive after all, in which case you seem to have played it correctly. However, when someone tight or passive starts raising you, it's usually time for concern [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

KC
kingcobrapoker.com