Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 12:59 PM

Default dying a quick death, need CPR

from what i can tell, 3/6 6-max has to be the softest game on party. tables are full of 40+ VP$IPers. i figured it would be a game i could crush without much effort.

i'm getting absolutely destroyed. i've played ~10K hands and i'm down nearly 500BB. i understand this is a small sample size, but i need to either start making some progress soon or quit. so, if there's anything to be learned from these stats, i'm eager to hear any tips you may have for me.

i'll show the first 6K first:

at this point, i stopped and was told that my WTSD% was too high. it's not like i was calling down too much...look at my turn and river aggression. but apparently maybe betting and raising the late streets too much when behind? so, i decided to try to get that # down. here's the next 3.5K:

WTSD% is about right. is this good playing, just bad running? are my aggression #'s way too high for 6-max? again, i know it's a tiny sample but just trying to get out of it anything i can...
Old 09-19-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: dying a quick death, need CPR

6k hands is nothing. You need to post hands. You probably have some serious holes, but nobody will be able to give you quality advice based on a bunch of stats. Again, post some hands. Respond to hand posts. Don't be afraid to post something just because you fear that you will be embarrassed.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:15 PM

Those AF numbers are insanely high, which may mean you're not doing enough checking and calling versus the overly aggressive opponents. It's possible you're scaring them away when they would otherwise be happy bluffing or semi-bluffing at you.

Obviously you've been running atrociously and missing a little value here or there isn't the only culprit in this downswing. I second the notion that posting hands you're unsure about would be wise (something I ought to do a lot more of as well).
Old 09-19-2005, 01:24 PM

what they said. i would actually say that your went to showdown is about 3% too high, but thats more of a style thing. you're running terribly bad...so win more when you go to showdown. tone down the aggression a bit and let people bet your hands for you a bit more.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:56 PM

you should move down now...
You should be playing a lot more than 20% of your hands and you should be iso raising preflop a lot more. Like you said there are a lot of donks.
Your too aggressive.
Your too TAG

PS
Your WTSD is higher than mine was still
It does look like your running poorly.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You should be playing a lot more than 20% of your hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever you do, don't add more hands until you are comfortable with the ones you are already playing.

Krishan
Old 09-19-2005, 02:16 PM

use the middle button more often
Old 09-19-2005, 02:21 PM

this is true
Old 09-19-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...at this point, i stopped and was told that my WTSD% was too high... maybe betting and raising the late streets too much when behind? so, i decided to try to get that # down...

[/ QUOTE ]

I found your leak.

Fuck stats. Just fuck them. Guys like you and me should be reading and studying and posting and commenting.

When you've played 250 thousand hands and want to do a fine-grained analysis of some of the subtle details of your game then go ahead and compare your VF$tB to everyone else's. When you are getting your ass kicked in a soft game you need to drop down, play less, study more, and focus on the basics - table selection, hand reading, opponent observation, math, and the fundamentals of strategy and tactics as layed out in the Good Books.

It's like this:

If you bet or raise too much on later streets, that is a SYMPTOM of a mistake you are making, it is EVIDENCE of a mistake in logic, in math, or in some aspect of strategic or tactical thinking. You must discover that mistake and correct it at its root by going back to basics and doing more logical and strategic thinking.

The idea that you can correct this mistake behaviorally, on the surface, by simply betting and raising less, is just sick.

/mc
Old 09-19-2005, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...at this point, i stopped and was told that my WTSD% was too high... maybe betting and raising the late streets too much when behind? so, i decided to try to get that # down...

[/ QUOTE ]

I found your leak.

Fuck stats. Just fuck them. Guys like you and me should be reading and studying and posting and commenting.

When you've played 250 thousand hands and want to do a fine-grained analysis of some of the subtle details of your game then go ahead and compare your VF$tB to everyone else's. When you are getting your ass kicked in a soft game you need to drop down, play less, study more, and focus on the basics - table selection, hand reading, opponent observation, math, and the fundamentals of strategy and tactics as layed out in the Good Books.

It's like this:

If you bet or raise too much on later streets, that is a SYMPTOM of a mistake you are making, it is EVIDENCE of a mistake in logic, in math, or in some aspect of strategic or tactical thinking. You must discover that mistake and correct it at it's root by going back to basics and doing more logical and strategic thinking.

The idea that you can correct this mistake behaviorally, on the surface, by simply betting and raising less, is just sick.

/mc

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent.

Krishan