Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 07:24 PM

Default 2 pair, lots of paint

Opponent is 39/11/2 over 75 hands

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets </font>
Old 11-19-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Re: 2 pair, lots of paint

Rubeskies,

In this situation I would bet the turn and if he calls check behind on the river.

It really looks like he has something like KQ, KJ, KT, or QT.

By betting the turn he might fold two pair, but by checking the turn and betting the river he's never folding.
___1___
Old 11-19-2005, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rubeskies,

In this situation I would bet the turn and if he calls check behind on the river.

By betting the turn he might fold two pair, but by checking the turn and betting the river he's never folding.
___1___

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your plan when you get check raised on the turn?
Old 11-19-2005, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold.

___1___
Old 11-19-2005, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold.

___1___

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding on the turn would be wrong. You could call and fold the river but on the turn you will be getting 9.25 to 1 plus 2 BB's of implied odds.

That said I agree with your plan of betting turn/checking river. I don't think a checkraise is a big concern.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rubeskies,

___1___

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think he'll have to call the turn expecting he can make up his 4-outer on the river? Betting the turn seems to require that I bet the river as well.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding on the turn would be wrong. You could call and fold the river but on the turn you will be getting 9.25 to 1 plus 2 BB's of implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

___1___
Old 11-19-2005, 09:31 PM

MP could have QT or KT. Those actually seem to be prime candidates for MP limping hands he'd play like that.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't think he'll have to call the turn expecting he can make up his 4-outer on the river? Betting the turn seems to require that I bet the river as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think someone who's 39/11/2 is necessarily thinking this way. I think that he's thinking either one of two things...1) Sh*t he's got an ace and I'm not paying $40 to see it, or 2) I've got two pair, I'm not folding.

Regarding the turn checkraise, I'm not really considering it b/c 39/11/2 is never checkraising the turn. With that said DaneS is right that you have to call the turn checkraise, but I think it's pretty close considering he might have a J or T.

___1___
Old 11-19-2005, 09:50 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

i dont like the flop raise. not sure what you're trying to accomplish. turn check is mandatory. he does not fold a better hand often, and you get checkraised too often to have to deal with either calling for one or or folding 4 outs. at best, getting checkraised costs you .9 bb