Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2004, 01:11 AM

Default This one hurt a lot. Was I TOO agressive?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (14.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (22.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 31.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 31.50 BB, between Hero, CO and Button.</font>
Old 11-01-2004, 01:15 AM

Default Re: This one hurt a lot. Was I TOO agressive?

You didn't lose enough on the turn.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:24 AM

I don't think you were aggressive enough. I'd 3-bet the turn and call a cap. Assuming CO capped the turn I think I'd bet and call a raise on the river if an A or K hit. But with the T hitting, I'd cap that, too.

Your thread title indicates CO had TT, but that's the only hand he would raise with that beats you, and you can't put him on that.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:47 AM

Looks to me as if CO has AA or KK, maybe QQ. Button starts raising on the turn which indicates that he had TT and made the set. I would 3-bet the turn and call a raise on the river.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:54 AM

if by too aggressive you mean not enough on the turn then yes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

if capped, bet and call a raise on the river less an ace comes. then check call.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:20 AM

3 bet the turn, call a raise, you have a really good hand, play it hard.

-mike
Old 11-01-2004, 02:23 AM

why didn't you 3-bet the turn? Only TT beats you here. I'd have capped the turn, and probably capped the river with that board, unless someone new raised me on the river. You have a monster hand with that board.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:47 AM

If you lost to anything but TT, read the following (Highlight Pat) <font color="white"> Post a title about what's best turn play? Or best play throughout. That's what you should be concerned with. Not how to stop A5.</font>

You played fine other than 3 betting the turn. Don't see monsters under the bed.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:11 AM

You know your opponent has to have a high pocket pair, and there is no reason at all to place him on a pair of tens rather than JJ or even 99 upwards. I agree that you have to cap the betting on the turn. If he keeps raising on the river, you should consider slowing down, but I would probably have capped anyway and then wondered whether I should have been less aggressive when the tens showed. In the cold light of day you should slow down on the river if he continues to show aggression since he would have to be pretty dim not to place you on a set when the turn got capped but kept betting regardless. On the other hand, many of your opponents are going to be pretty dim, so it all depends on your read of him, if any. Without a read, just call when you get raised on the river.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:17 AM

Flop: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Opponent holds A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

After river Opponent shows A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Straight 5 high

Not unlikely. Amusingly stupid play on turn, but not unlikely.