Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 10:01 PM

Default BoDog Anyone???

Anyone here play SNGs on BoDog? Considering that they have a bottomless 10% bonus, I thought about trying the site once I get some of these damn Stars bonuses cleared that I have stacked.

I was looking around the site earlier today, and at the time they only had 2 10/1's going and 1 20/2.

Also, I heard they have a refer-a-friend bonus... something like 2 or 3 hundred for that, although the person I heard it from said it's not normally "publicized". Any info on that as well?

Anyone have any advice or thoughts about them for SNG play?

(I think I may try some MTTs there, as well, so any thoughts about those would be appreciated, too).

Thanks,
'Mez
Old 10-12-2005, 10:10 PM

Default Re: BoDog Anyone???

When I signed up for this site, I didnt deposit right away. A few days later, I got an email from someone there offering me a free entry to the 100k tourney (109 dollar buyin) if I deposited 50 dollars. That was in addition to the normal deposit bonus. Not a lot of sngs running there, took a while to work off the bonus.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:36 PM

I played there regularly for several months before returning to Party. They have a good bonus and both turbo and regular S&Gs. I found the turbos to be too fast paced with little room to play poker. Conversely the regular tourneys took forever to finish although they were quite easy.

I am one of the few who really likes BoDog. I have tried them all and I would rank BoDog second behind Party. The play was insanely soft, but it got a bit better over time as the overlay whores moved in.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:51 PM

I love Bodog. Stay off the low stakes.